Would it happen here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
The second cricket Test in the West Indies was stopped for 20 minutes because the host broadcaster lost power, thus the Decision Review System couldn't be used.
This brought back memories to me of a rainy day at Brookie about 7-8 seasons ago when our match (I think it was against St George) was delayed for at least 10 minutes because Foxtel had lost power. That underlined to me just how unimportant were the fans who paid money to attend the event.
What do you think would happen if Channel Nein, or Foxtel, couldn't get transmission? Would the NRL have the courage to play the match without TV/video ref?

I'm sure (well I think I am), there would be provision in the match day rules and procedures to cover such an event. I'm guessing that maybe they would delay for 10 minutes or so, and then if problem wasn't solved they would go old school and force the on field refs to make a decision on tries.

Slightly off topic, but I remember a cricket match from the WACA where a tree fell on one of Fox Sports vans a year or two ago, for about 5 -10 overs they were using one camera behind the stumps to cover the game.

It was very weird seeing the play from behind the batsman for half the time.

This actually happened during the last summer

Was the match in Hobart when Kohli went nuts and India chased down 320 in 37 overs. In the break between innings the ground had a power failure, which stuffed up all the TV stuff and we missed about 5-6 overs of the Indian innings as they played through it, no decision review system with India though

Some poor bastard was unlucky enough to be stuck in a lift with Ian Chappell at the time

They'd probably delay the game. If paying the dollars for the rights to televise, they probably get the right to delay the game to fix a transmission stuff up. As long as it is not a 1 hr fix up job.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2