Worst thing to happen to us this season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which one thing do you think was most responsible for killing the 2020 Sea Eagles?

• CoVid

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Tommy T injury

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Manase’s unfortunate situation

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • Team failure to adapt to six again

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Defence strategy

• Reluctance to pick youth

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • DCE final tackle options

• Des failure to adapt to changes

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Massive injury count

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Lack of depth

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Other - please explain (the Pauline Hanson option)

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I was trying to think through this disaster of a season and all of the things that went wrong. I wondered what the worst was and, while Tommy T's injury was devastating, I think it wouldn't have had such an impact if we'd had our starting hooker. So Manase was my vote.

Comfortably the injury toll

Through 6 weeks of the comp, with the toughest draw of any side, we were a dud forward pass call from being on the top of the comp

The wheels started to come loose in that game against Canberra where we lost Tom and Walker and the rest of the nuts have been falling off in other games during the season, so often we are dealing with 2-3 in 1 match, rather than a single injury

Gosiewski has probably played more minutes out of position than in position this season

Fainu then injury toll then trbo injury for mine. I reckon with a good number nine and healthy backline depth we could've been capable to offer some attack for once and drop players like Taufua and Garrick, even w/ Tom injured.

A backline involving players like Hoppa, Suli, Parker, Funa, Elliott w/ Fainu and we'd be fine imo. Probably finish 5th-7th. I can't count how many games the work of our middles and some edge players has been let down by a soft or slow defensive effort from Garrick and Taufua.

Fainu then injury toll then trbo injury for mine. I reckon with a good number nine and healthy backline depth we could've been capable to offer some attack for once and drop players like Taufua and Garrick, even w/ Tom injured.

A backline involving players like Hoppa, Suli, Parker, Funa, Elliott w/ Fainu and we'd be fine imo. Probably finish 5th-7th. I can't count how many games the work of our middles and some edge players has been let down by a soft or slow defensive effort from Garrick and Taufua.

I think we need to go past the point of blaming some defensive efforts on Taufua and Garrick, when more than half of the tries scored on the edges are in-fact caused by poor defensive reads by the players inside them, like Suli, DCE, Thommo, Cust etc.

I think we need to go past the point of blaming some defensive efforts on Taufua and Garrick, when more than half of the tries scored on the edges are in-fact caused by poor defensive reads by the players inside them, like Suli, DCE, Thommo, Cust etc.
True, suli had many poor reads, dce some unusually poor defence and cust has been bowled over a lot lately but imo they don't neccessarily defend worse than players in the same position for other teams.

Taufua and Garrick in my view are the two worst defensive wingers in the game (taufua the worst in air + speed and garrick is probably the worst winger at positioning and doing attacking hitups as well). I think usually you can say it is caused by players on the inside making poor reads but I believe a majority of conceded tries on their edges is their doing.

Probably a bit shallow a view but I genuinely think a lot of our sudden defencive collapse is on them because trbo can't save their poor defencive reads and attempts anymore

Also the forward pass call vs parra. That was the nadir for me. Nothing has been the same since.
I think it was the beginning and then all the fuss about AFB swearing in the Newcastle game that was completely over the top just completely knocked the stuffing out of the team. They looked different after that game.

I picked Tom's injury, I think it was by far the biggest blow.
If he is in the team we can beat anyone, and actually did beat some big scalps early on, despite being pretty clunky without Fainu.

• 🏆
Reactions: R3
Had posted these Manase highlights in another thread, but think it is more relevant here. It is a reminder of what we have been missing this year, especially with Turbo trailing in support ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6