Worst Big Name Signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Nate Myles has got to be right up there. He's a player I always hated, but when we signed him I thought we had the new 'Ben Kennedy' style signing. I locked myself in the bathroom and kicked 7 shades of ____ out of myself for that prediction. I don't recall him having a dig in one game.

I had high hopes for Chris Bailey, but he turned out to be a passenger. But then he wasn't a SOO rep with 20+ games experience.

I think Nate Myles has got to be right up there. He's a player I always hated, but when we signed him I thought we had the new 'Ben Kennedy' style signing. I locked myself in the bathroom and kicked 7 shades of ____ out of myself for that prediction. I don't recall him having a dig in one game.

I had high hopes for Chris Bailey, but he turned out to be a passenger. But then he wasn't a SOO rep with 20+ games experience.

Lots mentioned on here weren’t “ big names” , Myles was a really big one.

But when you read through the options suggested there’s been a few.

Craig Field is still my choice.

That was a massive signing at the time and he was the flop to end all flops IMO.

Some great suggestions here, but really, Craig Field and Nate Myles are pretty hard to beat. Always hated Field, and he did nothing at Manly to endear himself to me. As for Myles, I was never a fan but still expected him to bring a hell of a lot more to the team than he delivered. Was pretty much woeful every game. Still, he may have played a part in the Great Cherry Backflip, so…

There hasn't been many dud major signings over the years at Manly. Just watching Fox Manly vs Dogs 2017. Gotta say Nate Myles is my pick for biggest lemon signing.
Any others ??
George burgess
Feleti mateo
William mason
Poe in the shoe myles probably takes it but we have had many flops in the last few years. Bailey was another

Myles gets my vote. I don't totally blame him, just how it turned out.
He played very little, made very little impact, went and played for our opposition, yet still took space in our salary cap.
Can't get much more disappointing than that, especially for a (then) current Origin player!

George burgess
Feleti mateo
William mason
Poe in the shoe myles probably takes it but we have had many flops in the last few years. Bailey was another
Willy was at the back end of his career. But I thought he had a go, and brought plenty of passion to the side.
Nate Myles for mine. Nothing good comes from the Titans (Brendon Elliott excused).

Of course, this whole thread is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Manly has had a plethora of successful big-name signings, very few flops. In fact, almost un-Manly-like to focus on the negatives, but it is the off-season...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6