Worrried About Brookvale Surface Being too hard Read this

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
Isnt Telstra The NRL's Premier Ground

Manly fury at pitch holes
By Dean Ritchie
April 24, 2006

MANLY last night launched an extraordinary attack on the controversial Telstra Stadium playing surface, voicing fears that a player could break a leg on it.

And its stance was supported by leading orthopaedic surgeon Merv Cross.

The Sea Eagles belted the Bulldogs 40-14 in yesterday's game but most of the post-match discussions centred on the ground surface.

Cross, father of Manly chairman Joe, inspected the troubled spots at full-time.

"There are potholes in the surface - it would be easy to do an ankle," Cross told The Daily Telegraph.

"The ground surface has got to be looked after. The players are worth a lot of money. It's not good enough."

Manly's board was made aware of the drama although the Sea Eagles were unsure whether they would lodge an official complaint with the NRL.

"A few of the boys are complaining of sore knees," said Manly skipper Ben Kennedy.

But the drama really erupted after Manly football manager Peter Peters had spoken with his players.

Advertisement:
"This game is tough enough without playing around divots - it's not a golf course," Peters said.

"I would be negligent in my duty if I didn't report this to my board. Someone will break a leg."

Telstra Stadium spokesman Kyle Patterson hit back at the allegations.

"Players [like Kennedy] can have an opinion but today the pitch played the best it has all year," Patterson said.

"It is in good nick."

The Daily Telegraph

The pitch was clearly not up to standard. Huge divots were flying everywhere, players were losing their footing, and it is no surprise we had knee & ankle injuries.

Teslstra Stadium management are out of touch with reality.

Did anyone get injured?

Hopefully all player will be fit for next weeks clash v the Eels.

Rose - knee
Hicks - ankle
dailytelegraph:
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,18905222-5001023,00.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4