World Cup-General

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
Brilliant stuff...!

Which world cup team should I 'root' (meaning support, perverts) for?

http://imgur.com/gallery/1Uytnbs

There's only one logical choice left.

Allons les bleus!

So I'm going to try and do the patriotic thing tonight...Get up at 2am to watch our last game against Spain.

I'm hoping it's memorable of course, even without Timmy Cahill there for us.

Still undecided about who I'd like to win the whole thing as yet.

EDIT: Yeah made the effort, and was richly disappointed. Gallant would be the best (and generous) description for us.

It's a mystery to me - when we're so good and so competitive in so many world sports - we continue to be so far down the pecking order in Football / Soccer...

Not sure if even Tim Cahill would've made much difference against Spain either.

Only four years and countless games to go for them to try again!

Aus tried hard this morning but as we have seen previously we have no cutting edge in the final third without Cahill playing. When you look at the quality of our squad compared to Spain's, sadly 3 nil is a respectable loss.

To be honest the Spain game iwhat i thought our whole cup could be

Considering the injuries we had, like Williams, Kennedy, Cruse (and the lack of depth) it was a massive effort

Everyone seems kinda happy with the socceroos efforts.

Wish we got into the next round and bit some italians!

Italian_Caution.JPG

(from 2 world cups ago...grrrr)

I'd heard the hospitality and food were superb in Brazil; obviously Louis ''the Man eater'' Suarez disagreed and took matters into his own hands!

Just extraordinarily bad and should've been three times the ban, considering it's his 3RD TIME GUILTY!

A life ban would not have been extreme as far as I'm concerned.

Colombia - in contrast to the disgrace of Suarez - are the surprise packets, and feel-good story by far.

And as such, my now-declared choice for champions.

Long shot yes, but would be wonderful.

its a good time to be in Amsterdam, let me tell you. I am quickly understanding that the one great thing about football is that it is not over until it is over.

Would have been amazing this morning - i almost woke up the house (again...it seems to happen most mornings)

Costa Rica are the other giant-killers too, of course.

Would be a miracle if they or Colombia go all the way, but you've gotta be still in it to win it!

The Dutch do look ominous now though.

(For Costa Rica next, I mean).

Dan said:
its a good time to be in Amsterdam, let me tell you. I am quickly understanding that the one great thing about football is that it is not over until it is over.

We have a friend from mexico staying with us atm, and I dare say the two reactions to the game were polar opposites!

So no surprises overnight, with Germany and Froggies (France) advancing.

We have to still rely on Colombia, Costa Rica, or even perhaps the Yanks(USA) for our ''Cinderella'' story!

globaleagle said:
Dan said:

We have a friend from mexico staying with us atm, and I dare say the two reactions to the game were polar opposites!

Aye carumba! frozen enchiladas!

So Belgium progress to the final 8, over a gallant USA.

And Argentina squeeze past the Swiss 1-0.

Looking forward to the quarters now!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4