World Cup-General

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Roger_Ramjet

Ex Forum boofhead, now legennnnd!
What are your opinions on the world cup?
I'm going for Argentina all the way . Messi top scorer.

I'm going for Australia and then the netherlands but generally don't care. Only watching because it's on and you can't escape it here

Dan said:
I'm going for Australia and then the netherlands but generally don't care. Only watching because it's on and you can't escape it here

Yes that's how I feel about cricket but... i don't watch it. Great game Australia fighting against the odds.

I think we'll be pretty much fodder for the elite, and even lesser lights.

I tried to get amped for the Socceroos in years gone by, and there were some good times.

The last few years there's just something missing.

I wish our team well, of course.

RiverEagle said:
I think we'll be pretty much fodder for the elite, and even lesser lights.

I tried to get amped for the Socceroos in years gone by, and there were some good times.

The last few years there's just something missing.

I wish our team well, of course.

Yeah thats because we had a dud kraut for a coach that was never a full coach in internationals WHEN the FFA could have had the coach that Colombia has now and has resurrected them from no where. Anyway Cahill was awsome!!!!

If you look at the scoreline only you would think we got pumped

Considering the team the boys played very well, and with some luck, could have got a second

So far it has been a great world cup...lets hope it continues

Oh there's been some real quality, and there's plenty to look forward to @lsz

Just not for us I'd say.

You gotta love Tim Cahill though.

I thought we did ok in game 1.

Had a bit of a panic in the first stages and cost us 2 goals.

We did get the ball in the back of the net twice....but were correctly judged to be offside with the second.

1 chilean player would just fall down whenever an aussie went near him but as cahill said....when you accuse them of cheating, they say so what.

As it's on at reasonable times here...I'll watch the aussie games and the final....but the shame is, I just don't find it a game with any honour.

Diving is the norm, refs continue to buy into it (unless it's an aussie having his shirt pulled, or tripped up, etc).

To me, it's an even race between fifa and the icc for most corrupt organisation...so I don't see anything changing soon.

All credit to 'football' fans with their own regular teams they support, as I don't know how you can stand the constant b/s that is diving and crap reffing.

Time to beat the dutch!

The Dutch look pretty darn formidable there global!

Agree with the ''rant'' and I just find it missing something...When you can go 90+ minutes and more sometimes for no result.

They reward you for not performing, or winning, where a draw is OK?

No. They need some radical tweaks.

The laughable gamesmanship is far too institutionalized to change any decade soon.

Some spectacular goals though already!

And good luck Socceroos!

We'll need it.

lsz said:
Global it helps to put the NRL refs into context

That it does!

For me, game 2 v the netherlands on at 9am tomorrow.

Shall record the game and watch it as I'll be watching my recorded soo 2 game.

Ever optimistic.....I hope we win (or at least a draw!)

globaleagle said:
lsz said:
Global it helps to put the NRL refs into context

That it does!

For me, game 2 v the netherlands on at 9am tomorrow.

Shall record the game and watch it as I'll be watching my recorded soo 2 game.

Ever optimistic.....I hope we win (or at least a draw!)

Well you almost got both at some stage...Almost.

Brave Aussie effort and amazing goal from Timmy Cahill!

But we're out whatever happens now.

I'm more than pleased they went down swinging.

Unbelievable game where we were lacking a bit of experience again

Compared to the tame way we lost the first match 4 years ago (v Germany) you could not be any prouder of the lads

Same with me. Very happy with the effort & spirit shown by the Socceroos overnight but not the score line. Just goes to show Aus need to be more clinical in putting away chances.

Cahill needs a statue outside the SFS ;)

Argentinian papers are hailing this the game of the tournament to date. Who'd it thought. I gave this young Socceroos bugger all chance but was pleasantly surprised and they cold have beaten a strugling Spain but without Tim??? Then again you can never underestimate this team, 2-1 Australia

I love it that there is a sport played almost all over the world, where even poor countries can compete because all that's needed is a ball and a patch of dirt. The corruption of FIFA, and the dominance of certain footy superpowers, does not really detract when compared with other sports. They call it the world game and that's probably the best thing it has going for it.

As an aside how good is the online coverage / app from SBS?

Puts the NRL to shame

Brilliant stuff...!

Which world cup team should I 'root' (meaning support, perverts) for?

http://imgur.com/gallery/1Uytnbs

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4