World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I watched the whole penalty shootout between my fingers.
That is the first time in my life I’ve watched a soccer game from start to end.
Messis’ penalty kick looked like slo-mo.
I wouldn’t have a clue, but how much coin is he on?
Enough to buy a team of healthy Turbos, I reckon.

Got up at 2 to watch the final and it didn't disappoint. We saw why this is the World game and why it evokes the sort of fanaticism it does.

Messi has the best close control I've ever seen. I'm not quite old enough to have watched Pele in his prime but he'll never be surpassed. Equaled maybe, but never surpassed.

I count myself lucky to love both NRL and Soccer. It's never the off season for me.

I don't know why soccer doesn't adopt the ping pong scoring system: first to 21 in a penalty shootout. Forget the first 90-minute snore-fest.

You reckon there’s not going to be some tragic hangovers after this.

It was said that some Argentian people sold their houses so they could afford to travel and support and watch their team play

Passion has no boundaries and the Argentinian Passion Prevailed

Last edited:
Messi has the best close control I've ever seen. I'm not quite old enough to have watched Pele in his prime but he'll never be surpassed. Equaled maybe, but never surpassed.
There have been some Majestic players over the years and each one was the best in their era

Messi was as good as any of them

It is hard to compare Elite players unless the player was the Incomparable Bob Fulton

See the source image

It was a great Fightback from the French

They made a memorable game of it in the end

But Glory in the end belonged to the very deserving Messi and his team

Snooze fest? There are few other games that can be as good as that game was

WOW (also sports washing sucks)

It was a great Fightback from the French

They made a memorable game of it in the end

But Glory in the end belonged to the very deserving Messi and his team

To be fair Bozo, the French were fairly poor for 75 minutes and really only sprang to life after the penalty.

Mbappe is a class act and we'll be talking about him in the same way we talk about Messi in the next 10 years. He carried them almost single handedly. Imagine scoring a hat trick and losing. Unimaginable.

It's easy to forget that the French were missing Pogba and Benzema as well. (Although Giroud is not exactly rubbish even at 35..... @:D )

I think the major difference between the codes for me is the skill needed in football is just next level. You can't be slow and it's not just enough to be a big body. You have to have deft touch and ridiculous technique to play even semi-professionally.

It's been an awesome World Cup despite all the controversy in it being awarded to Qatar. Money talks as they say.

Snooze fest? There are few other games that can be as good as that game was

WOW (also sports washing sucks)
That Dramatic ending to the game a was cliffhanging suspense experience

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: lsz
To be fair Bozo, the French were fairly poor for 75 minutes and really only sprang to life after the penalty.

Mbappe is a class act and we'll be talking about him in the same way we talk about Messi in the next 10 years. He carried them almost single handedly. Imagine scoring a hat trick and losing. Unimaginable.

It's easy to forget that the French were missing Pogba and Benzema as well. (Although Giroud is not exactly rubbish even at 35..... @:D )

I think the major difference between the codes for me is the skill needed in football is just next level. You can't be slow and it's not just enough to be a big body. You have to have deft touch and ridiculous technique to play even semi-professionally.

It's been an awesome World Cup despite all the controversy in it being awarded to Qatar. Money talks as they say.
You are right the French were poor and it took a while for them to peak and when they did they made a game of it .

Mbappe is indeed a class act and he looks like being one of the best in his era of Elite class for years to come

I agree with you feathered friend that Superior Speed and Skill dominates in the big games

Money does talk and our legendary Godfather Arko led the way in making our game a more professional game

Considering how that game was playing out over the first 80 minutes, it ended up being one of the greatest games I've watched. Well done to Messi and the Argies. Well deserved.

Now, can we bring Mbappe over to Manly to play 5/8? Can you imagine that speed and elusive footwork in our game... he is an absolute freak.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4