World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's just a shame that it's so damn boring.
Agree , to be honest I never watch it , the idea that they can kick the ball around for 90 minutes and then be 0-0 at the end is like watching paint dry.

I get that it’s the “world game “ but it’s certainly not “ my game “.

Agree , to be honest I never watch it , the idea that they can kick the ball around for 90 minutes and then be 0-0 at the end is like watching paint dry.

Each to his won but put aside the horrific corrupt nature of where the game is being played it has actually been a very very good cup

Football ... truly the World game, I love my league because I'm an Aussie, born in Sydney and follow the mighty Sea Eagles,but if I wasn't I probably wouldn't know what league was, but my European bloodline knows the way and you can be born in any part of the world and you know what football is as its everywhere and the game is unavoidable, football has so much skill, athleticism, drama and passion, a match that finishes 0--0 can still have you sitting on the edge of your seat at one moment wishing it would just stop or at another feeling like the world has just exploded with joy, only to narrowly miss that goal or have a goal against you saved on the line... crazy but true. Just look at the millions that are glued to it right now. Its says a lot about a sport when that single sport is bigger than the Olympics and the Olympic movement actually added football to its games in order to boost its own Championships event.

Fair enough. But when I see a 2-2 draw in league with no tries and they say what a fantastic contest it was. That's basically how a 0-0 draw is. But if you don't like the game itself even if it was 4-4 you probably wouldn't enjoy it either. Room for both in my life

Football ... truly the World game, I love my league because I'm an Aussie, born in Sydney and follow the mighty Sea Eagles,but if I wasn't I probably wouldn't know what league was, but my European bloodline knows the way and you can be born in any part of the world and you know what football is as its everywhere and the game is unavoidable, football has so much skill, athleticism, drama and passion, a match that finishes 0--0 can still have you sitting on the edge of your seat at one moment wishing it would just stop or at another feeling like the world has just exploded with joy, only to narrowly miss that goal or have a goal against you saved on the line... crazy but true. Just look at the millions that are glued to it right now. Its says a lot about a sport when that single sport is bigger than the Olympics and the Olympic movement actually added football to its games in order to boost its own Championships event.
And yet I grew up within 10 miles of Anfield and currently live halfway between Liverpool and Manchester and still couldn't give a stuff about the game. I've only ever been to 1 premier league game and that's because it was a corporate freebie and I was bored out of my skull despite the score being 3 or 4 - 1. If by some miracle England were to reach the WC final the TV audience would be about 20 million (or around 1/3 of the population) meaning 2/3 wouldn't even be interested- in a once in a lifetime occasion. I would sooner watch Samoa v France in the RL world cup rounds than anyone v anyone in the soccer WC final but as has been said before, each to their own.

See Ronaldo isn't even on the Portugal bench against Switzerland. Left ManU for game time, has to end sometime, what a career tho.
They are a very different team without him

The Swiss were not great but man they looked sharp

They are a very different team without him

The Swiss were not great but man they looked sharp
I follow ManU in the EPL, their was once a time when the ball came into the box and Ronaldo's first touch was always decisive, not these days. With creeping age comes less timing, just hope he bows out gracefully or just be content with being a squad player.

I follow ManU in the EPL, their was once a time when the ball came into the box and Ronaldo's first touch was always decisive, not these days. With creeping age comes less timing, just hope he bows out gracefully or just be content with being a squad player.
But we all know he will continue to rake in the millions for as long as he can

Latest I see was a Saudi club chasing him, with a bazillion dollar deal.

Found it:

I'm not saying I blame him btw, I'm sure most of us would do the same in his position. But it can influence people's perception of you and the legacy you leave behind may be a different one than if you went out at the top

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4