World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After May was allowed to serve his suspension next year, the NRL has doubled down and let JWH (praise upon his name) serve his suspension during warm-up matches. I am surprised they didn't let him just take a training run off or something:

After May was allowed to serve his suspension next year, the NRL has doubled down and let JWH (praise upon his name) serve his suspension during warm-up matches. I am surprised they didn't let him just take a training run off or something:

Or counting a few good night sleeps as serving his suspension.

I hope we have no players go but will no doubt, it's a junket event tbh outside of big 3 and couple of pacific Island teams.
Dce, Jake (Australia), olakau'atu, Paseka, Tuipolotu, Koula (Tonga), Samoa Aloiai, Sipley.
Schuster and Tommy opt out

Hilarious watching Kent have a meltdown because Australia can’t manipulate all the talent to play for them at the moment like has gone on in the past

He is the only one making any sense ... players are fully entitled to play for any nation they choose as long as they meet the eligibility criteria ... but ..

But Kenty's point about them not being allowed to play SOO is 100% on the money ...

SOO is the battlefield that hardens and tempers Australian players to play for Australia ... it is our advantage ... it is our comp ... and it is both instrumental and crucial to our continued success Internationally ..

The gap between Tonga, Samoa and Noo Zealand is closing yearly ...

To contemplate running a SOO in the future with only a hand full of the participants Australian players would be a disaster of humongous proportions ...

SOO is the battlefield that hardens and tempers Australian players to play for Australia .
Ridiculous. State of Origin is not a selection trial, it is just the cash cow for the NRL, and they hype the violence and bend the rules for foul play and stretch the eligibility in order to maximise the dollars.
For years it has not been a selection trial for Australian Test players. It has actually been the pinnacle, and Test selection was merely an extra bonus. Players want to play origin for the professional pride of being in the toughest arena, not to mention they get paid a motza.

And how are you going to call it State of Origin if you exclude a bunch of players who are born in the state and begin their footy careers in the State?
You can change the rules and just let it go back to NSW v Qld, but it can't be origin if you exclude players whose origin is NSW or Qld.

Ridiculous. State of Origin is not a selection trial, it is just the cash cow for the NRL, and they hype the violence and bend the rules for foul play and stretch the eligibility in order to maximise the dollars.
For years it has not been a selection trial for Australian Test players. It has actually been the pinnacle, and Test selection was merely an extra bonus. Players want to play origin for the professional pride of being in the toughest arena, not to mention they get paid a motza.

And how are you going to call it State of Origin if you exclude a bunch of players who are born in the state and begin their footy careers in the State?
You can change the rules and just let it go back to NSW v Qld, but it can't be origin if you exclude players whose origin is NSW or Qld.

Never mentioned the word trial ... and what does the fact that it makes money have to do my point ..

My point was/is that it is the hardest, most intense, fastest and toughest game of football on the planet ... it has been the preparation advantage of Australian teams for 40 years ... they are battle hardened like no others ...

Now you want to give that advantage to our competitors ... so in the 2025 world cup we will play against teams that are full of SOO toughened players ...

You should be shaved, tarred and feathered as a traitor ...

SOO has only ever been a feelgood thing for Queenslanders. How they can lift the trophy with the chip on their shoulders is beyond me. Let them choose whoever they like, it is important to them

He is the only one making any sense ... players are fully entitled to play for any nation they choose as long as they meet the eligibility criteria ... but ..

But Kenty's point about them not being allowed to play SOO is 100% on the money ...

SOO is the battlefield that hardens and tempers Australian players to play for Australia ... it is our advantage ... it is our comp ... and it is both instrumental and crucial to our continued success Internationally ..

The gap between Tonga, Samoa and Noo Zealand is closing yearly ...

To contemplate running a SOO in the future with only a hand full of the participants Australian players would be a disaster of humongous proportions ...
Piss Origin off and have a proper international tournament each year, the game would be far better off. Where was all the kick up when the actual rules of Origin were broken to allow Lam to play and Langer to come back from the UK ? Can’t remember as much drama when Semi Radradra played for the Kangaroos

The other nations can get away with putting a team together without needing to have a selection trial

The bloke “making sense” also called the players mercenaries, when they are giving up nice payments to play for peanuts lol

S O O is one of the few formats that gives the N R L a clear advantage over the A F L and especially in regard to competing for broadcasting rights dollars . Current eligibility criteria guidelines look like here to stay and quite understandable too . Same really applies at the international level , having strong Pacific islander sides ensures much more interest and promotional value . And of course related , broadcasting and other revenue benefits . Still pretty cut throat out there in competition for broadcasting rights revenue , nationally and internationally , so would say that the current status quo would be here to stay for quite some time

I like it

I grew up in the days of the Australian team having a glorified training run (bar one or two "shock" upsets). The knock on the game is that there is no international comp...well look now. I think Australia has an obligation to help grow the game internationally as everyone wins

Also re state of origin. Considering the cash cow it is I am sure they will work out a way for it to keep going

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2