World club challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As Most people expected the roosters won but it was scrappy !! The roosters don’t look as dangerous without Latrell !! St Helens had there chances they bombed three tries when they had the overlap but couldn’t pass it out wide !!

I caught the second half and it was a tough, even contest. Easts' class shone through when they had possession. St Helens fritted away their chances.
The half I watched did show that Easts will again be a top team in the NRL, unfortunately. They are very well drilled in defence.

I caught the second half and it was a tough, even contest. Easts' class shone through when they had possession. St Helens fritted away their chances.
The half I watched did show that Easts will again be a top team in the NRL, unfortunately. They are very well drilled in defence.

Hard not to see them being there again in October with the team they have , but would love to see some different sides fight it out.

My thoughts are that this year it will be a toss up between Roosters , Storm ( the Cam factor) , Eels ( the Toddy factor) and throw in us / Raiders for the 4th position.

I actually think our best chance is 2021 , so perhaps finish 5th for us.

And surprise surprise.The rorters are going to table a 2 year deal for Folau from 2021, I am shocked, nah, no Im not.
Assuming Toddy will become less virtuous about Rugby League being a sport that doesn’t tolerate any form of discrimination once the chooks hand the contract in for registration.

Guess he will look Folau in the eye and all will be forgiven

Hard not to see them being there again in October with the team they have , but would love to see some different sides fight it out.

My thoughts are that this year it will be a toss up between Roosters , Storm ( the Cam factor) , Eels ( the Toddy factor) and throw in us / Raiders for the 4th position.

I actually think our best chance is 2021 , so perhaps finish 5th for us.
I believe Souffs will be minor-premiers. It just seems to me that everything is being done by the NRL to ensure they have a winning season. I do believe we should be in the top four, and I'm hoping for top two.
Each season injuries are playing a larger part in the ultimate success of teams. There is no doubt that gang tackling is leading to ankle and knee injuries. So, luck plays a big part. There were several long-term injuries in last night's match. When you see the upper bodies of these players it's no wonder ankles/knees go.
I think it's long overdue that RL teams are reduced to 12 in order to provide a tad more space. Players are much bigger these days yet the size of a RL field has remained unchanged since 1908.

So do we like a game with no wrestling ( which St Helens couldn't do last night )? The speed of the ruck by the rooters was so quick and St Helen's had no answer.

We could have that in the nrl if the powers that be stopped the dreaded wrestle.

Thoughts?

Well done to the Roosters as 2 in a row is a massive effort

And it will take another massive effort by a great team like the Manly Sea eagles to take their crown off them

Good sporstmanship and Respecting your Opponent goes along way to being in the the right frame of mind to defeat them

quote-respecting-your-opponent-is-the-key-to-winning-any-bout-hold-your-enemy-in-contempt-davi...jpg

It was a refreshing change to see the refs quickly rule a Try, without going on a pilgrimage to consult the Oracle.
A few they took a little time to scrutinise, but even that was a lot quicker than the NRL.

I thought st Helen's lost it rather than roosters winning it. The young fullback made some awful decisions with ball in hand.
Great to have footy back I thought all star game was quality and believe mix is perfect now with maori/aboriginal and wcc quality,Walmsley a gun prop.

So do we like a game with no wrestling ( which St Helens couldn't do last night )? The speed of the ruck by the rooters was so quick and St Helen's had no answer.

We could have that in the nrl if the powers that be stopped the dreaded wrestle.

Thoughts?

It’s a big tick for the no wrestling. With the current state of the nrl I rarely watch games that don’t involve Manly, I prefer watching the super league games. Much cleaner games without the wrestling, far more entertaining to watch

I wouldn't take to much out of that . I've said to a few that they will miss Cronk and Mitchell, come the grind of the nrl week in week out . It's a long season and like them or not , they were world class and hard to replace so soon .

Sadly I still expect the Rooters to be very strong in 2020.

They have lost Cronk on the field BUT he will have left a great legacy and is still on their staff.

Top 2 for sure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4