WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE SET TO INCLUDE SIX TEAMS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE SET TO INCLUDE SIX TEAMS
International
September 3, 2014 3265
OUR Super Sleuth, The Mole reported it months ago – and now an expanded World Club Challenge is set to become a reality in 2015.

RLW can reveal that South Sydney, Brisbane and the NRL premiers will fly to Britain to take on three top British teams next February – believed to be Wigan, Leeds and Warrington.

If Souths or the Broncos win the NRL premiership, it is believed the Warriors will be invited as the third southern hemisphere team.

Full details of the tournament are expected to be announced by Rugby League’s International Federation within the next 48 hours.

But secret negotiations have been going on for months behind the scenes to ensure the event runs smoothly – and possibly even becomes an annual event.

The English league will host a gala event whereby the two third-ranked teams meet on the Friday night, with the two second ranked teams playing on Saturday.

The weekend would culminate in the World Club Challenge between the NRL premiers and top Super League team on the Sunday.

I have known about this for months, The Bronco's CEO & General Manager actually rang me (I was having a beer at the time in the Sunset Tavern at Karumba up in the Gulf), mainly to find out how it all worked as far as what the EFL paid for and not. Clearly my past work with two WCC's and Manly (and they were aware of that) was the impetus for that.

I commented at the time " why the Bronco's and Souths".....their answer was that these were the two most recognised NRL "brands" in Pommie land, and as such the attendance and pay per view rate would be higher.

Take from that what you will!!

So seriously, I know it can't happen this season, but what happens if the Donkey's and Vermin finish 15th and 16th? Do they still get to represent Australian rugby league as supposedly our best clubs?

Russell Crowe's attempt at getting the Vermin some sort of trophy.....because lord knows they can't win the premiership.

Missing the point guys. Sending those teams over to England to play matches increases the chance of injury and burn out. Let them go. At least Manly should have their full team on deck at the beginning of the season. I like the idea.

And missing the point also in that for Souths to get a Trophy they have to win the GF (Trophy 1) and then play for the WCC (Trophy 2)

For the others its about one thing

MONEY

Bearfax said:
Missing the point guys. Sending those teams over to England to play matches increases the chance of injury and burn out. Let them go. At least Manly should have their full team on deck at the beginning of the season. I like the idea.

That's assuming we aren't premiers.

Blasphemy! :D

But seriously I thought the WCC was meant to mean something.

The RLPA has to get the RSPCA onboard - if Rep Players were animals, then their work load would be deemed cruelty :dodgy:

A deadset joke. When we win the premiership we should refuse to go. They can't call themselves World Club Champions unless they beat the NRL premiers. Let Souths have their Mickey Mouse title.

I'll be heading over if manly are in it, otherwise I won't bother

Bearfax said:

Bearfax I like the way you think!!

Is it true that the trip pays players extra and is expempt from the salary cap?

It sounds to me like another way to give the darlings a leg up.

Fluffy said:
Is it true that the trip pays players extra and is expempt from the salary cap?

It sounds to me like another way to give the darlings a leg up.

Undoubtedly

Just adds more weight to the perception that the NRL is a biased run organization.

This is so stupid on so many levels.

So instead of the best 3 NRL clubs playing the WCC we send Souffs and Bongos instead against the poms best 3.. *Face Palm*
eusa_doh.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8