Work safe site!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I am thinking of making a "work Safe" version of the forums and news pages which will just have the forums content in plain white background with text and minimal borders it should look a lot better for those viewing at work.

So what do you think?

ok , now for the dumb question.
What advantages does this have for those who log on at work?

It is harder for your boss and co-workers to see what you are doing if it is plain text site, it is hard to say it is not work related.

Daniel

Some companies monitor the staffs usage via the IT dep't.

Anyway you could set up a proxy site. that can't be tracked :)

nah it is impossible to do that byso it will always be able to be tracked. The idea is that it just provides a replica site without all the glitz and glam so it is easier to have it open in a browser at work without drawing the eye of collegues

yep, that way it looks like a document or the like, without big eagles and Maroon and white colour schemes.

Sneaky but I like your thinking

Ok it is under construction

You can see it so far at
http://www.silvertails.net/addins/forum2/forum.php

I need to remove signatures and avatars though

ahhh ok,
Sounds good Dan.
Wont affect me a great deal as my Manager is on the Geelong Forum more than im on here, Also our company by law has to give us about a weeks notice before monitoring email and internet usage.
But still , a great idea, just hope its not too much xtra work for you to do.

nah is pretty easy to do.

As you can see I have almost finished already. I will apply some better CSS and clean it up a bit in the next few hours and see what I can come up with.

Daniel

Nah.

I will be blending them in for you all :)

Hey Dan on a competely different matter, what do the stars under the avatars mean? some people have 10 some have less. cant believe its taken 2 years for me to notcie them.

it hasnt taken 2 years, I only just replaced them

They essentially just say you have posted a lot of posts!

ahh well that explains why I hadnt noticed them.

so they are pretty much a full of it meter ??

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4