Woodsie's wonderous wankings ... I mean rankings ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Just a casual look at our player, and my opinion of how they are going ... and if they have individually improved from last year.

A rating of 5/10 .. is not bad ... just doing a professional job.

Tom ... 5/10 ... not back to his standard 9/10 ... but getting there.
Garrick .. 5/10 ... not many opportunities to shine.
Koula .. 5/10 ... same as Garrick
Parker ... 7/10 ... outstanding commitment and defence
Tuipilooa ... 5/10 .. doing his job.
Schuster ... 5/10 .. a work in progress with glimpses of what could be.
DCE ... 7/10 ... much more composed under the new game structures ...
Josh A. 5/10 ... showing willingness. having a dig.
Holey Moley ... 8/10 ... hiting and scoring ... long may it continue.
Kelma ... 6/10 ... going good, but I get a feeling he still has a gear or two to reach.
Jake ... 9/10 .. just being Jake ..
Froggy ... 6/10 .. defence and workman like service.
Paseka ... 6/10 ... and hold your tickets ... a big improvement likely.

Weekes ... 5/10 ... have high hopes for this lad ..
Keppie ... 6/10 ... ALL hail Keppie ... having a dig and loving it.
Bullemore 6/10 ... A big improver ... I'm now on board .
Ben T ... 5/10 ... limited opportunity ...

My conclusion .... with so many of our players, IMO, just producing solid 1st grade games, rather than "star" performances ... leads me to believe that we have not yet begun to reach our potential ...

As the team continues to consolidate the "team" game ... individuals within it will start to shine through with the confidence gained ... ONWARDS AND UPWARDS is the prediction ...

Just a casual look at our player, and my opinion of how they are going ... and if they have individually improved from last year.

Kelma ... 6/10 ... going good, but I get a feeling he still has a gear or two to reach.

My conclusion .... with so many of our players, IMO, just producing solid 1st grade games, rather than "star" performances ... leads me to believe that we have not yet begun to reach our potential ...

As the team continues to consolidate the "team" game ... individuals within it will start to shine through with the confidence gained ... ONWARDS AND UPWARDS is the prediction ...
I have to say Woodsie, I was a bit worried about opening this thread for fear of what photos might be attached. But that aside, it seems fair enough given the early days. A few blokes didn't quite play up to their first 2 games (incl DCE) against better opposition. It will be interesting to see if they do learn from that and continue onwards and upwards. However, if they fall in a heap this weekend (I don't expect them to), that'll be a real worry.

Agree most players have been solid but without being spectacular. And that's the way you probably want it to start a long season. Plenty of room for improvement.

I would have Paseka and Bully rated a bit higher and Parker a bit lower.

Think you have got Koula right. His ceiling is so high but has made a few key errors. Once he gets that out of his game, he will be anything. He will be one of the premier centers in the game in a year or two.

Hey Woodsie - Is this an overall ranking 2023 so far or Sat night vs Bunnies, as Froggy missed that clash

What do you rank the overall teams performance so far for 2023?

B+ ... I don't think we have played
all that well, but still good enough to be more than competitive ... that bodes well IMO.

Attack is Clunky ... but with a much clearer objective .. attack is not going like precision clockwork .. but you can see the intention.

If they hold their nerve and trust the new style ... all that should improve. A lot rests on the Shu playing himself, and the team into form.

Hey Woodsie - Is this an overall ranking 2023 so far or Sat night vs Bunnies, as Froggy missed that clash

Hard to say .. I'm at an age where the mind wonders ... but probably just my overall season to date impressions.

So Turbo in 3 games has had,

3 tries
2 try assists
17 tackle busts
571 run metres (190 per game)
3 line breaks
4 line break assists

And we are giving him a 5 out of 10....

Now I get the sentiment that he is not at full flight but I also think we need to bring our expectations but into reality a little

I think the team is really starting to gel , it’s not perfect , but gee compared to 2022 it’s chalk & cheese.

I think Tom deserves a higher score , definitely still finding his way with the new running style but think he’s 7/10.

We are literally 3 games in , and every one we get better.

Last year that game on Saturday night would have been a thrashing.

Don’t worry , there’s a lot of teams looking over their shoulders and thinking “ oh **** their back “.

I rate so far about 6 - 7 /10
Certainly agree Woodsie, we have a much higher ceiling, but are on the way towards it as the team looks far more fluent and in another 3 - 4 games the combinations will jump another level or 2.
In fairness we could easily still be undefeated, but I'm not too spooked by the loss and come away thinking we are capable of competing with the top sides better than the last few seasons when we were clearly outmuscled, outclassed, out gameplanned....the side in 2023 is far more complete and importantly, look far more united as a group.
Also I reckon the Woodsie rating are pretty fair all round, but I go Turbo a 7 and Jake 7 or 8.

Tom ... 7/10 ... Cannot fault his effort gives 100%
Garrick .. 7/10 One of our most consistent week in week out
Koula ..7 /10 ... Tough in defence our most likely in the backs to make a break
Parker ... 6/10 ...defensively solid, lateral movement is slow as his his pace
Tuipilooa ... 4/10 .. poor defensive reads and handling errors
Schuster ... 7/10 ..only 2 games certainly a upgrade on foran
DCE ... 8/10 ..easily our best player this year
Josh A. 6/10 ...running and tackling hard , few mistakes
Holey Moley ... 8/10 ... easily our best forward
Kelma ... 6.5/10 ... looks good in attack few missed tackles
Jake ... 7/10 .. 100% commitment as usual
Froggy ... 5/10 .. slower than a wet week ,mistakes going for 40?20s cost field position plus handling mistakes
Paseka ... 7/10 ... has brief moments of being great then disappears

Weekes ... 5/10 ...paying out of position with limited oppurtunities.
Keppie ... 7/10 ... big improvement on 22
Bullemore 7/10 ...most improved
Ben T ... 3/10 ... Hasnt offered much...

Tom ... 7/10 ... Cannot fault his effort gives 100%
Garrick .. 7/10 One of our most consistent week in week out
Koula ..7 /10 ... Tough in defence our most likely in the backs to make a break
Parker ... 6/10 ...defensively solid, lateral movement is slow as his his pace
Tuipilooa ... 4/10 .. poor defensive reads and handling errors
Schuster ... 7/10 ..only 2 games certainly a upgrade on foran
DCE ... 8/10 ..easily our best player this year
Josh A. 6/10 ...running and tackling hard , few mistakes
Holey Moley ... 8/10 ... easily our best forward
Kelma ... 6.5/10 ... looks good in attack few missed tackles
Jake ... 7/10 .. 100% commitment as usual
Froggy ... 5/10 .. slower than a wet week ,mistakes going for 40?20s cost field position plus handling mistakes
Paseka ... 7/10 ... has brief moments of being great then disappears

Weekes ... 5/10 ...paying out of position with limited oppurtunities.
Keppie ... 7/10 ... big improvement on 22
Bullemore 7/10 ...most improved
Ben T ... 3/10 ... Hasnt offered much...

Why not just give them all a participation certificate and a trip to Macca's on the way home with their mom's ...

Why not just give them all a participation certificate and a trip to Macca's on the way home with their mom's ...
Ranging from 3 to 8s, to be honest I think Mutleys is quite even handed.

Yours ranges from 5-9 too...

Annnd his starting line up totals 82 points and yours 79 I believe....little difference.

Last edited:

Agree with most of this but I'd give Tom +2, Garrick +1 and Schuster +1.

The foundation is there and it is a gigantic leap from the end of last year. Best part is the leap isn't just from having Tom back, it's across the board.

Ranging from 3 to 8s, to be honest I think Mutleys is quite even handed.

Yours ranges from 5-9 too...

Yeah ... just having fun with the Mutt ... he's gone out of his way to have a go at me lately ... so simply a light hearted shot back ...

I do mark a hard score card though ... to me a 5/10 is a pass mark ... and the level to be expected from any 1st grader ... below 5 is a fail ... and anything above 5 is doing good ...

Gold from Demetriou ...

337830487_603558048464929_666261800868719899_n.jpg

He was thinking that as players get sent for 10 for punching, he can be a 'big man', act like a dick and Ola won't thump him into the next post code.

+1 NHL
Haha I doubt anyone gets hurt much from the fierce fights in NHL because it looks like they're all wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap and have protective armour and helmets!
Magic Battle GIF by PLAYMOBIL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4