(Womens Team) Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

Starting a thread on the womens team however this is a pretty poor start.

Are we not a professional club? Who asks for donations when setting up a team?

"the future NRLW team which will be largely funded by the Sea Eagles Foundation"

If anyone actually doubts the interest of our owners in investing in the club then this should help to inform you of where they actually sit

Starting a thread on the womens team however this is a pretty poor start.

Are we not a professional club? Who asks for donations when setting up a team?

"the future NRLW team which will be largely funded by the Sea Eagles Foundation"

If anyone actually doubts the interest of our owners in investing in the club then this should help to inform you of where they actually sit
I was stunned when I read it.

Why doesn't Penn just fund it himself, if he wants it so bad that is a NRLW team.

No professional run club would do this.

I love the concept NRLW team from manly but not how they want to pay for it.

I was prepared to give our millionaire owners some credit for keeping the Sea Eagles afloat in recent years, but this is just one further example that points strongly to their control being for their own purposes and not as benefactors dedicated to Sea eagle prosperity. There have been a number of opportunities to bring in other co-owners to boost the club, but they've preferred to hoard it rather than share the glory - and the costs. I'm starting to hope they sell sooner than later.

Wow, I’m just blown away. Now I think we all know our owners are totally fuked but this takes the cake! Just disgusting. Total amateurs and need to be booted, I really hope the media picks this up and runs with it.

We deserve to have a fully funded NRLW team that’s wholly supported and funded by owners who actually care. Blown away, low low low act.

When a new entity is formed, there's often teething problems guys. This is a wonderful opportunity and absolutely outstanding development for our club.

@The Wheel , mate, could you put it to the club, or make a suggestion that when fans renew membership (understand many do it automatically), there's a tick box to potentially donate say various amounts for the women's team? I'd happily donate a $100 bucks or something on top of membership.

I'm a member and would happily add some extra dollars to support Manly's NRLW team. Goodness knows they'll need it. The RLPA are lobbying for an increase to the minimum wage for an NRL player, to $150,000. For an NRLW player, it's just $30,000.

Put me in the dinosaur category - I dont like the female side.

Its not a sexist thing, I dont like Blacktown either.

Will probably never watch either side play.

I was prepared to give our millionaire owners some credit for keeping the Sea Eagles afloat in recent years, but this is just one further example that points strongly to their control being for their own purposes and not as benefactors dedicated to Sea eagle prosperity. There have been a number of opportunities to bring in other co-owners to boost the club, but they've preferred to hoard it rather than share the glory - and the costs. I'm starting to hope they sell sooner than later.
It would be interesting to see how other clubs are financing their respective womens’ teams.

crikey!

I didn't get any of that outrage from the email seen in this thread. Not saying it is wrong, I just didn't even go down that train of thought. Interesting.

For those asking about 'adding an option' to donate money via membership renewal, you can also donate less than $500 if you want.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4