Womens League at risk ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Is there any part of any concept or game this incompetent NRL administration can't completely fukk up ...

One season into the 4 team comp and already the 4 teams are saying it is not sustainable .... there is an article in todays telecrap if someone can post the details ...

Just sounds like another thrown together disaster waiting to happen brain fart by the NRL. without any due diligence or long term plan ..

PSSS ... it is one of the good things to come out of league .... typical of GreenTurd to somehow fukk it up ...

The whole thing was a bit of a rort anyway with two stronger teams, surprise, surprise the chooks and the donkeys and two weaker teams the warriors and st george. The st george team in particular was made up of local girls whereas the broncos were stacked with jillaroos.
GF - donkeys and chooks.
Winners - donkeys.
A comp designed to generate certain results and it did.
I'm a huge fan of making an NRL comp for women but the talent needs to spread and the results unpredictable.
Sounds pretty much like the men's comp. Results to please the masses.
Grrrr.

NTNEWS.COM.AU
Why Rabbitohs may dump NRLW
MARCH 27, 2019
South Sydney fear for the future of the fledgling women’s competition, declaring the money the NRL is asking clubs to outlay as “financial insanity”.

The Daily Telegraph on Wednesday revealed the NRL women’s competition was costing the four participating clubs a combined total of $1.5 million a season.

Brisbane, Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra and New Zealand Warriors have even discussed withdrawing but fear that would “embarrass” the NRL.

“We’re supportive of women and the competition but we’re not supportive of going broke doing it,” Rabbitohs general manager of football Shane Richardson said.

“We’re not prepared to pay the ridiculous money simply to say we have a successful team. The NRL has to support it more than just lip service. The clubs are going to get very sick of it very quickly.”

Each club is being forced to outlay up to $400,000 a season to operate a side in the women’s competition — which runs for just four weeks through September — without a financial grant from the NRL.

Richardson said he warned the NRL of the competition’s financial perils.

“The NRL scoffed at us last year when we raised the fact we had done a P&L (profit and loss) on it – we are pretty good with figures at South Sydney – and realised it was going to cost us $350,000 more than they were saying,” Richardson told The Daily Telegraph.

“For that, they got dirty with us. It was insanity what they were trying to do financially. We put our hands up and they didn’t like it but it has turned out to be true. That’s the bottom line.

“They overlooked us, we didn’t withdraw. But one of the factors was we questioned the financials. We have no doubt about that.”

Unless there is an influx of money through sponsorship or from the NRL, there are fears the competition’s long-term future is not sustainable

“Not as it is now,” Richardson said. “It’s sustainable if the clubs are willing to lose $400,000 a year, more.

“The reality is this is an NRL-propagated competition. I’m not dirty on the four clubs because of their franchises but to go forward, the NRL has to support more than just lip service.

“They never did a reality check. They got it right on numbers, four teams, not trying to spread the talent too much, I got that, but they never got the financials right.

“At the end of the day, once again, the clubs are paying for it. It’s got to be there for the long-term. If you keep taking losses on it then clubs are going to struggle with it.”

It is understood the AFL pay each club fielding a women’s side $250,000 a season. The NRL, which seeks a $50,000 entry fee, covers staff, administration, travel and accommodation.

The NRL says clubs were aware of the potential costs when seeking inclusion in the competition last year.

NRL officials will meet later this year to review the competition and discuss possible expansion to six teams.

“If they can set up a viable model then we’d be keen to be involved,” Richardson said.

“We would put our hand up for (inclusion in an expanded) comp but we would, like all clubs, want a say in the financials. That’s not too much to ask.”

Players who have sought a pay increase have been rejected.

https://outline.com/d8va8C

Richardson said he warned the NRL of the competition’s financial perils.

“The NRL scoffed at us last year when we raised the fact we had done a P&L (profit and loss) on it – we are pretty good with figures at South Sydney – and realised it was going to cost us $350,000 more than they were saying,” Richardson told The Daily Telegraph.

You can close your eyes and just see the gibberers at the NRL looking at Richo like he farted at a funeral when he started to talk fiscal responsibility .....

That's what I remember. Speaking of gravy trains / jobs for the boys / etc. He could pay for Souffs womens team for a year out of that total scam!
What irks me is that his report was never published.

Spent a year studying all professional sports, poncing around the globe, hired his son - all paid for by the NRL - and then just went back to Souths :cool:

What irks me is that his report was never published.

Spent a year studying all professional sports, poncing around the globe, hired his son - all paid for by the NRL - and then just went back to Souths :cool:

Yep ... I guess what he concluded didn't match what GreenTurd wanted him to conclude ...

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8