Wombat is doing it tough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My best wishes to Graham and Leah and all the kids at this hard time. Sending lots of prayers to you for a successful heart operation. I’ll be keeping in close contact with the girls to see how your doing. Big hugs we are here if you need us xxx

79853F45-C849-4BBE-97E9-CECEAF21A5EC.jpeg

Nice to see Bing Pringle involved as the MC, plus Turvey helping out. Bing and Wombat were nextdoor neighbours at Cromer many years ago. There was a story in the paper prior to the Balmain-Manly semi in '77, with the two of them exchanging pleasantries across the fence.

When Pringle's career at Balmain ended with the rise of Wayne Pearce, there was a story about that some of the senior Manly players approached Arko about signing him up for Manly. Sadly nothing came of it.

Last edited:
Nice to see Bing Pringle involved as the MC, plus Turvey helping out. Bing and Wombat were nextdoor neighbours at Cromer many years ago. There was a story in the paper prior to the Balmain-Manly semi in '77, with the two of them exchanging pleasantries across the fence.

When Pringle's career at Balmain ended with the rise of Wayne Pearce, there was a story about that some of the senior Manly players approached Arko about signing him up for Manly. Sadly nothing came of it.
Bing is a lovely bloke.. knew him well from the South Tweed Koala’s days...

I’ll hopefully drop in and see Graham tomorrow: I have an exceptional piece of his memorabilia that he gave me a very long time ago that I hope will fetch a pretty penny when auctioned off!!

My love and prayers for this great guy. He brought me so much happiness in my youth. Never met him except patting him on the back walking off Brookie one arvo. Thanks to some great men helping with this appeal including our stellar former players. Special thanks and best wishes to Neil Pringle helping his mate. Neil has suffered a sad loss in recent years and is is a testimony to his character that he is selflessly giving to help others.

Can we buy tickets online ?

@The Wheel can you find out if it's possible to just donate the $100 please

View attachment 11161

TO ALL THE LOYAL ., PASSIONATE AND COMPASSIONATE MANLY SUPPORTERS

I HAVE RUNG STEVE BUTLER THE FUND RAISER FOR OUR CLUB LEGEND THE WOMBAT

I TOLD HIM I CAN NOT MAKE THE TRIP UP NORTH BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A $100 TICKET ONLINE TO SUPPORT OUR LEGEND THE WOMBAT

ANY ONE ELSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE AN ONLINE TICKET CAN EMAIL STEVE BUTLER AND HE WILL SEND BANK DETAILS

STEVE BUTLERS EMAIL ADDRESS IS ....

[email protected]

THANK YOU EVERY ONE
images.png

I TOLD HIM I CAN NOT MAKE THE TRIP UP NORTH BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A $100 TICKET ONLINE TO SUPPORT OUR LEGEND THE WOMBAT

ANY ONE ELSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE AN ONLINE TICKET CAN EMAIL STEVE BUTLER AND HE WILL SEND BANK DETAILS

[email protected]

THANK YOU EVERY ONE
View attachment 11206
But if we all by tickets even though we can't make it, there will be no one at the pub !!!

Only joking, thanks for sharing.

Hope it all goes well for the Wombat.

[email protected]

THANK YOU EVERY ONE
View attachment 11206
It would be simpler to set up a GoFundMe page.
Then Media could post link and lots more people could get involved :inlove:

But if we all by tickets even though we can't make it, there will be no one at the pub !!!

Only joking, thanks for sharing.

Hope it all goes well for the Wombat.

Steve Butler told me that the Wombat will have the operation on the 26th if I can remember rightly . Any one that buys a ticket on line will get it signed by the Wombat .

WHAT MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING IS GIVING AND SUPPORTING EACH OTHER

I had the number 1 on the back of my Manly jersey when I was a kid in the 70s. Wombat is my all-time favourite player. Hope all goes well with the surgery.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4