Wombat is doing it tough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To me, in over 40 years of supporting Manly, Wombat is the most complete player I have ever seen :clap:

Get well Wombat :inlove:

Looking forward to a Brookie fund raising event or a GoFundMe link :nerd:

I have had the pleasure to meet the Great Wombat . Legend on and off the field

We should all do the right thing and raise our glasses and our funds to the Wombat who has poured blood sweat and tears into the Manly premiership winning club

Graham-Eadie-Manly-Sea-Eagles-Great-Large-A3.jpg

I'm sure all the current squad will be donating signed match worn memorabilia to help the cause.

The club should also be holding a Wombat day at one of the upcoming home games and raising funds for one of our best ever. If they can't get 15K people to get to the game and donate $5 or $10 bucks each for a club legend then they aren't trying. I hope they really dig in to help him, he deserves it, not many better players have laced on a boot for the club.

To me, in over 40 years of supporting Manly, Wombat is the most complete player I have ever seen :clap:

Get well Wombat :inlove:

Looking forward to a Brookie fund raising event or a GoFundMe link :nerd:

Yes, Eadie remains one of my fav players of all time - hope he comes through this well.
Yea, will keep an eye out for a $ donation option & Brookie event.

Best player to ever wear our colours. My wife and I will be going to Kirra for the luncheon. I was responsible for making the first sign in our cheer squad saying the "Graham Eadie Stand" in the mid 70's. He was my true hero when I was growing up in my teens. Get well mate, we'll get you through!
One of my first Manly memories is that very sign.

I remember a previous fundraiser about 10 or 15 years ago when someone bought wombat’s rothman’s medal then immediately donated it back to him.

It would be nice if someone could do it again. He is responsible for a priceless array of memories.
I think that may have been John Singleton.

Get a couple of thousand of these from China for a couple of bucks each

wombat.jpg

get them to throw a manly jersey on it with a number 1 on the back, like they do for these teddy bears

manly teddy.jpg

and flog them off for $15 or $20 each as a fundraiser. It doesn't have to have the NRL logo on it, nor the current Manly logo either as it's unlikely Toddy McTurdburger wouldn't allow the licensing anyway. Better if it had the old school Manly logo from the 70's anyway - the Footy Club logo basically. Who wouldn't buy one of those at Wombat Day ??

All the best Graham. My hero!

Will donate as much as I can afford to help out the player who made me follow Manly in 1972. It just seems a few years ago that I was a skinny little kid and he was rampaging through other teams. Seems we are all getting old so quickly.

Everyone should join the Men of League or attend one of their many lunches/golf days. They are so fantastic for past players who need a helping hand.

Sad to read. My favourite player and one of the true legends and best players to have worn the maroon and white. So many good memories. All the best Wombat

Last edited:
Best player to ever wear our colours. My wife and I will be going to Kirra for the luncheon. I was responsible for making the first sign in our cheer squad saying the "Graham Eadie Stand" in the mid 70's. He was my true hero when I was growing up in my teens. Get well mate, we'll get you through!
I remember the Mickey Mouse Club Theme song we turned into

'Who's the leader of the Club that's made for you and me?
G-R-A-H-A-M E-A-D-I-E

Graham Eadie, Graham Eadie

Forever let us hold our banner high, high, high, high

Graham Eadie, Graham Eadie'

Brookie chant of the 70s :inlove:

Where are the editors/proof readers these days :fubar:

Actual record:
  • Manly 1971–1983: 237 games, 1,917 points (71 tries, 847 goals, 3 field goals)
  • Australia 1973–1979: 20 Tests, 16 points (2 tries, 5 goals)
  • New South Wales 1974-1980: 14 games, 35 points (3 tries, 13 goals)
---
Manly Daily

Sea Eagle great is facing major heart surgery

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

A souvenir poster of Graham Eadie put out by Big League magazine in the 1970s.

SEA Eagles legend Graham “Wombat” Eadie, one of the greatest players to pull on the jersey, is to undergo open heart surgery later this month.

And the Manly family is rallying around to support one of their most talented brothers through this traumatic time.

“He is concentrating on what he has coming up and it is obviously a major operation,” Eadie’s son Brook told the Manly Daily.

“They have told him he won’t be able to work afterwards so it is pretty much forcing him into early retirement.

“It is basically six months of recovery before he will be able to do anything.”

Eadie, now 65, is living at Palm Beach in Queensland with his wife Leah where he has been a bar manager.

Brook said his dad learnt of his heart condition late last year and went on a bit of a health kick to lose some weight and shed nearly 15kgs.

“But over the last few weeks when he has gone out walking he hasn’t as much energy and they wanted to get in and do the surgery pretty quickly,” he said.

Eadie is receiving strong support from Brook and the rest of his family as he prepares for the surgery.

“He seems to be handling it pretty good at the moment,” Brook said. “We are all coming together and looking after him and he is in a really good mental place at the moment.

“He is thinking positively as he has always done his entire life and is taking it day by day.”

Brook has been amazed the support he has received, especially from strangers and people outside the rugby league community.

Sea Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has a strong connection with Eadie, bringing him to the Sea Eagles as a 17-year-old from Woy Woy.

The shrewd negotiator he was, Arthurson just beat St George to get his signature.

“He was absolutely outstanding and has been chosen in the best team to ever play for Manly and that is an indication in itself how good he was,” Arthurson said.

“He was a great player, a really great player.”

Arthurson and Manly identities Frank Stanton, John “Pogo” Morgan, Steve Martin and Denis Ward have organised functions for Eadie on May 17 at the Kirra Beach Hotel and on August 23 at Queensland Golden Eagles reunion at Burleigh Bears Leagues Club.

“The thing I love about rugby league, and Manly in particular, is when one of their mates are in trouble they are always there to be by their side,” he said.

Golden Eagles chairman Mark Bryant said the organisation will definitely be helping Eadie and is currently working through the best way of doing that.

Eadie’s record demonstrates what a prominent figure he has been in the history of the Manly club.

The powerhouse back played 237 games for the Sea Eagles between 1971- 1983.

He was a member of the Sea Eagles premiership winning sides in 1972, 1973,1976 and 1978. He scored 1917 points for the club with one try, 847 goals and three field goals.

Last edited:
Where are the editors/proof readers these days :fubar:

• Manly 1971–1983: 237 games, 1,917 points (71 tries, 847 goals, 3 field goals)
  • Australia 1973–1979: 20 Tests, 16 points (2 tries, 5 goals)
  • New South Wales 1974-1980: 14 games, 35 points (3 tries, 13 goals)
---

Sea Eagle great is facing major heart surgery

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

A souvenir poster of Graham Eadie put out by Big League magazine in the 1970s.

SEA Eagles legend Graham “Wombat” Eadie, one of the greatest players to pull on the jersey, is to undergo open heart surgery later this month.

And the Manly family is rallying around to support one of their most talented brothers through this traumatic time.

“He is concentrating on what he has coming up and it is obviously a major operation,” Eadie’s son Brook told the Manly Daily.

“They have told him he won’t be able to work afterwards so it is pretty much forcing him into early retirement.

“It is basically six months of recovery before he will be able to do anything.”

Eadie, now 65, is living at Palm Beach in Queensland with his wife Leah where he has been a bar manager.

Brook said his dad learnt of his heart condition late last year and went on a bit of a health kick to lose some weight and shed nearly 15kgs.

“But over the last few weeks when he has gone out walking he hasn’t as much energy and they wanted to get in and do the surgery pretty quickly,” he said.

Eadie is receiving strong support from Brook and the rest of his family as he prepares for the surgery.

“He seems to be handling it pretty good at the moment,” Brook said. “We are all coming together and looking after him and he is in a really good mental place at the moment.

“He is thinking positively as he has always done his entire life and is taking it day by day.”

Brook has been amazed the support he has received, especially from strangers and people outside the rugby league community.

Sea Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has a strong connection with Eadie, bringing him to the Sea Eagles as a 17-year-old from Woy Woy.

The shrewd negotiator he was, Arthurson just beat St George to get his signature.

“He was absolutely outstanding and has been chosen in the best team to ever play for Manly and that is an indication in itself how good he was,” Arthurson said.

“He was a great player, a really great player.”

Arthurson and Manly identities Frank Stanton, John “Pogo” Morgan, Steve Martin and Denis Ward have organised functions for Eadie on May 17 at the Kirra Beach Hotel and on August 23 at Queensland Golden Eagles reunion at Burleigh Bears Leagues Club.

“The thing I love about rugby league, and Manly in particular, is when one of their mates are in trouble they are always there to be by their side,” he said.

Golden Eagles chairman Mark Bryant said the organisation will definitely be helping Eadie and is currently working through the best way of doing that.

Eadie’s record demonstrates what a prominent figure he has been in the history of the Manly club.

The powerhouse back played 237 games for the Sea Eagles between 1971- 1983.

He was a member of the Sea Eagles premiership winning sides in 1972, 1973,1976 and 1978. He scored 1917 points for the club with one try, 847 goals and three field goals.

What a record , What a player !!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6