With Origin now over......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
my newest question is will Mal be considered a great coach along the lines of Bennett, Gibson etc.

My answer is no. I think he's like the Australian Cricket Coach that had the likes of Warnie, Pidgeon etc and the other players from that period right place right time.

Now before the Qlders jump up and down about this have look at the Qld side containing the likes of 1.B.Slater 6.D.Lockyer 7.J.Thurston and 9.C.Smith and then have look at what's transpired to the Australian Cricket team after some the player's retired (Warnie, Pidgeon etc).

Now what will happen in the coming years..... somehow I don't think Mal's record of winning Origin will be any better

He is a great Qld Origin coach. How could anyone say different? That does not mean he would necessarily prosper as a club coach, and he certainly didn't in the past. The SOO job is different, and he helped make it different so it's pointless to deny he's done well.

Mals greatest strength is that he knows he's not a great coach. People have also been giving way too much credit to the QLD assistants, they aren't coming up with unique games plans and tactics which has been the undoing of the Blues. Their genius has been their simplicity. NSW coaches on the other hand have been the complete opposite, often over coaching and over analysing things leaving too much going on in the heads of the BLues playmakers in particular.

with origin now over lets win this whole ****en thing like it was 2008

Masked Eagle said:
they aren't coming up with unique games plans and tactics which has been the undoing of the Blues.

Very true, case in point Bennett states in an article in todays Telegraph that the inside ball from Thaiday to Slater was on old Bronco's move.

Apart from the talent in the QLD side the most of them have been together for the majority of the 6 series wins and in Australian sides to boot. They are almost like a club side while NSW has to cobble together a team of inferior players and hope to jag a win.

Hopefully the tide will turn slightly with Lockys exit but I doubt it.

I listened to INTV footie show (best on TV), and heard Brett Kenny state that in his opinion NSW were over-coached. Look at how many coaches they had and the quality. Stuart, Daley, Fittler and Roach to name four. Not much success there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6