Wireless Router advice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
I am needing to change my computer network at home to a wireless one. Does anyone have a Wireless Broadband Router that they recommend or any that I should stay clear of?
The one that I am most likely to purchase is the Netgear WPN824 RangeMax Wireless Router.

I don't know much about the Netgear range, but unless you have low traffic, I'd steer clear of DLink... I was always seeming to have troubles with it. The Linksys router I use now is pretty good, but no matter the brand, I find half the time that the wireless is not worth the hassle :)

Unless you have a real reason for the wireless (eg. laptop that you want to use around the house OFTEN) then I would just recommend a wired network.

If you do go with wireless, be sure to protect it with WPA keys (not WEP).

I have a Netcomm 8B3W and it is brilliant. I run one fixed Mac, one Mac by airport and two Laptop PCs with no problems. Even a pleb like me set it up easily and it has never had a problem.

Not sure about WPA or WEP though.

I will be running 2 PC's and 2 laptops. 1 PC will be wired with the other 3 wireless. My house is tri-level so it is a real pain to run cable everywher. I also have a studio out the back that I want to be able to run 1 of the laptop's from. I think I will just bite the bullet & get the Netgear WPN824 RangeMax as it seems to have the best range!
Thanks for your input CW & Narc.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4