Willie Mason predicts Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs at Brookvale Oval has potential to ‘flare up’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE!

BIG Willie Mason has predicted Friday night’s grudge match against South Sydney at a hostile Brookvale Oval could “flare up” and “boil over.”

Desperate Manly are playing for their season in what will no doubt be among the most aggressive and ferocious matches of the season.

A crowd of 18,000 will cram the famous northern beaches venue — Brookvale could erupt.

Mason has played in some of rugby league’s toughest and biggest games and knows Friday evening will be fierce.

“Friday night could boil over,” Mason said on Wednesday. “I remember watching this game a couple of years ago, was it Stevie Matai and George Burgess, blokes flying in.

“Brookie is known for a couple of fights. The Melbourne game (in 2011), that was crazy. Brookvale has that hostility.

“I played here before (with rival clubs), you’ve not got one supporter. You’ve only got 17 blokes out there.

“I’m glad I am playing for Manly. Any game could flare up.

“There are still some old-school players in some teams ... players pick the right players to push. You’re not going to push a player who has been through a lot in his career, who punches first and asks questions later.”

MORE: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp... dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

upload_2015-8-5_18-42-11.png

Unfortunately it can only be a push-a-thon now....unless Willie's gunna go out in style and flog half the Souths pack.

The push & shove is just so boring, love to see big Willie floor Georgie Porgie, then turn around and flatten Tommy Wommy.

And then smash them in the first hit up after the big blue.

Now THAT would make riveting TV!!

I don't know - I hate it when Willy or anyone else talks up our chances before a game. It hasn't worked out well for us this year. I'd much prefer to keep well below the radar…

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2