Will we lose points for the sin bin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Below is a copy from the nrl operations manual

1.42.6 Sin Bin Operators
a. Visiting Clubs must nominate their personnel for timing of “temporary suspensions” and make themselves known to the home Club nominee and NRL Ground Manager prior to the start of the match.
b. If a visiting club does not nominate anyone for this purpose they must accept the timing of the Home team sin bin operator.
c. Operators must be provided with time pieces displaying minutes and seconds by their Clubs.

BREAKING NEWS!!
The #NRL has released a statement saying they aren't to blame. They have reported that the time for sin bins is actually controlled by the clubs however neither side had an official monitoring time. #NRLStormManly @SeaEagles @storm @telegraph_sport @FOXNRL

Sorry this is off topic, but.....

Jesus @Stronger2gether ... I haven't seen a mullet like your avatar has since Mark Bradtke played basketball for the Adelaide 36ers in the late 80s lol

Back on topic.....what sort of "professional" sports competition has no time keepers on the sidelines for things like sin-bins, especially since as they pointed out during the game, its only Round 11 and we have already seen more sin-bins than ALL of last year and the most in almost 20 years.

What a complete and utter farce.

The refereeing this year...

The Cronulla/Melbourne match earlier this year had 30+ penalties and even that game didn't have anywhere near as many dismissals as today's match.

Today the Titans had two players sent to the sin bin today, Melbourne had 1 sin bin and a send off, and we had 3 sin bins. It's absolute madness at the moment.

Below is a copy from the nrl operations manual

1.42.6 Sin Bin Operators
a. Visiting Clubs must nominate their personnel for timing of “temporary suspensions” and make themselves known to the home Club nominee and NRL Ground Manager prior to the start of the match.
b. If a visiting club does not nominate anyone for this purpose they must accept the timing of the Home team sin bin operator.
c. Operators must be provided with time pieces displaying minutes and seconds by their Clubs.

So what that says is that the NRL doesn't actually supply official, impartial time keepers at all games, its up to the clubs?

What sort of circus are they running there???

So what that says is that the NRL doesn't actually supply official, impartial time keepers at all games, its up to the clubs?

What sort of circus are they running there???
That’s exactly right
So it’s back on Melbourne to punish themselves
Hopefully the Manly club told Melbourne and the official they didn’t supply a timekeeper and then will be in the clear according to the handbook

Fox had vision of the Melbourne football manager on the sideline telling the NRL official (wearing an NRL jacket) that he stuffed up. Exhibit A?

Melbourne and the NRL stuff up and Manly is likely to be penalised.....

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm o_O

This is fun, Manly won and it was due to help from the NRL :rofl:

When has this ever happened :D

giphy.gif

Staggering.

They are trying to blame the mistake on anyone other than the NRL. And, as such, they’ll look to anything.

How the Storm were disadvantaged is beyond me. I’m pretty certain that 24-4 is a decisive enough score, regardless of what the score was at the time it happened.

Curtis Scott caused the whole problem. If not for his clocking Walker in the eye and getting sent off, none of this would have occurred. That black eye was not a good look for the game.

What a disgrace that this is what is overshadowing a hard, tough victory.

Staggering.

They are trying to blame the mistake on anyone other than the NRL. And, as such, they’ll look to anything.

How the Storm were disadvantaged is beyond me. I’m pretty certain that 24-4 is a decisive enough score, regardless of what the score was at the time it happened.

Curtis Scott caused the whole problem. If not for his clocking Walker in the eye and getting sent off, none of this would have occurred. That black eye was not a good look for the game.

What a disgrace that this is what is overshadowing a hard, tough victory.
Exactly. King hit that might have broken his eye socket

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8