Will we have to pay overs for players?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Will we have to pay overs to attract decent players?

• Yes, we are a rabble.

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • No, players want to play under Des.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No, we will just sign juniors from within and outside.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Yes, we will sign washed up, broken has-beens

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jai arrow been one of the top 2nd rowers for awhile now... and he comes of the bench for them
I agree with that, but I was just saying I think his game has gone to a new level at under Bennett and or at the Bunnies, he has a good engine to and I don’t think it will be long before he forces his way into the starting line up.
I’d interested to know what they had to pay for his services, what ever it appears to be a good value acquisition.

Ain’t as easy as that Harry. Look at Dogs. Other than Cotric they have missed nearly all targets offering huge overs. Burton a year away and he’s played a half dozen games in a great team. How does he go with average players around him.

No way is Des a lure after quite a few years of losing sides playing unattractive football. Throw in our disorganized front office reputation and it’s a tough sale.

The positive is the players may already be there if our junior reps are any indication. Needs a long term strategy with speed power and youth the priorities and a coach who buys in.

Fans will cop the transition. They won’t cop stalemate.
Des may not be a lure I can agree

But I didn't say the deadwood players had to all be replaced by stars. 1 or 2 key signings and the rest just need to be competent. Most of our off-contract players, despite getting paid as much as many competent players, aren't really competent/first grade standard (croker, parker, jetski, as well as taufua + sironen now in their current states)

Just need some smart signings and an injection of winning culture or work ethic. I think it's not simple, but I think we can navigate it well if the powers that be think things through. Recruitment this off-season has got some good potential at least I feel.

Like you alluded to it's also key to keep developing our juniors, otherwise we'll end up like the Bulldogs - recruiting solely from the outside and not creating the right environment/development. Even if we were like the Roosters and could recruit a premiership winning team, there has to be juniors applying pressure and eventually pushing through. Luckily we will have that here if we keep prioritising our juniors.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like my mate was taking the p..s. According to Zero Tackle this is what coin the top 5 Manly players are on in 2021;

1. DCE $1.3M
  2. Tom T $1.1M
  3. Jake T $950K
  4. Josh Aloiai $600K
  5. Suli $550K
That is 4.5M out of a possible $9.9M salary cap. The NRL Minimum wage is $115K (what Boyle should be on). DCE and the Turbos take up 3.35M of the cap.

We have good juniors coming through which should be accompanied with astute signings of veteran players with the right characteristics to build back our strong culture.
I agree with this logic, though the main problem is with the juniors they are a fair way off.

The one I use as an example is Koula, signed in the top 30 playing SG Ball, my view is he should be playing NSW cup as he is in the 30.

It looks like my mate was taking the p..s. According to Zero Tackle this is what coin the top 5 Manly players are on in 2021;

1. DCE $1.3M
  2. Tom T $1.1M
  3. Jake T $950K
  4. Josh Aloiai $600K
  5. Suli $550K
That is 4.5M out of a possible $9.9M salary cap. The NRL Minimum wage is $115K (what Boyle should be on). DCE and the Turbos take up 3.35M of the cap.
Marty is on 700K plus!!

Well it seems the list on Zero Tackle is not worth peeing on. The alarming thing is maybe my mate is right about Boyle! Assuming the coin they have listed is correct for the others adding Marty that means 6 players on $5.2M crazy.
Lots of speculative figures on there, I doubt Boyle would be on that coin though mate, unless it was backended somewhat.

Lots of speculative figures on there, I doubt Boyle would be on that coin though mate, unless it was backended somewhat.
I hope not!!! But with the clubs track record on Salary Cap.......... and I hadn't even thought about how much coin Walker is on. I have also forgot about the paycut in January, I think the entire cap is now $9.02

Last edited:

1. DCE $1.3M
  2. Tom T $1.1M
  3. Jake T $950K
  4. Josh Aloiai $600K
  5. Suli $550K
I think paseka is on 500-600k if I remember correctly. maybe he is confusing Boyle with him?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8