Will suburban grounds really bring back NRL crowds?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Back when we were setting records at Brookie the world was a different place. Footy was the place to be on Sat/Sun arvo. There was barely another option and the tv coverage was limited. These days you get a better view on tv, the food and drink is cheaper, it's no wonder the crowds are shrinking. Even with the reduced capacity when was our last sell out?

The counter argument is why should the NSW government pay for the SFS rebuild then? That ground will be too small for Origin or grand final, too big for Rorters, A-League and Waratahs.

Hopefully the government tells the NRL, ok we'll fund these four rebuilds, but SFS won't be rebuilt and will be made into a parkland.

As for Brookie, the Waratahs would make a 25K ground their permanent home wouldn't they? That would further justify a rebuild. Plus the Sea Eagles and the Mariners.

Don’t think Gladys will care, she will be happy to give up the grand final and blame everything on corona related financial issues.

The counter argument is why should the NSW government pay for the SFS rebuild then? That ground will be too small for Origin or grand final, too big for Rorters, A-League and Waratahs.

Hopefully the government tells the NRL, ok we'll fund these four rebuilds, but SFS won't be rebuilt and will be made into a parkland.

As for Brookie, the Waratahs would make a 25K ground their permanent home wouldn't they? That would further justify a rebuild. Plus the Sea Eagles and the Mariners.
Yep the Waratahs should make Brookie their home base if the ground is redeveloped. The north of Sydney is heartland Union territory with Northern Suburbs, Gordon, Warringah and Manly Shute shield clubs all close by.

Yep the Waratahs should make Brookie their home base if the ground is redeveloped. The north of Sydney is heartland Union territory with Northern Suburbs, Gordon, Warringah and Manly Shute shield clubs all close by.
With the current quality of Australian Rugby, the Waratahs could be our third grade to give young players a run.

Adding to above Article.

James Hooper on Fox Sports:

Vlandys has asked the state government to put the $810m saved towards Sydney Suburban grounds otherwise the NRL will consider moving the NRL Grand Final to another state.

Adding to above Article.

James Hooper on Fox Sports:

Vlandys has asked the state government to put the $810m saved towards Sydney Suburban grounds otherwise the NRL will consider moving the NRL Grand Final to another state.
Frankly, I wouldn't mind if the GF was played interstate. If Manly was playing I'd make it into a holiday-celebration.

The best thing about suburban grounds is the hill....... don’t lose the hill.... the kids love the hill..... no hill no families

I grew up loving the hill but these days Karen’s little Johnny is to precious to be on a hill, he needs a seat that is under cover. They probably also need a USB charging port in each seat with food and drinks ordered through an app brought to you directly.

Getting a new mini BankWest would be fantastic, TV friendly and no reason not to play finals there, hopefully this gets built within the next 5 years.

I grew up loving the hill but these days Karen’s little Johnny is to precious to be on a hill, he needs a seat that is under cover. They probably also need a USB charging port in each seat with food and drinks ordered through an app brought to you directly.

Getting a new mini BankWest would be fantastic, TV friendly and no reason not to play finals there, hopefully this gets built within the next 5 years.
Sorry gotta disagree....if you want to sit in a seat and you are not elderly or disabled then go and watch tennis or basketball. It’s like sitting in a stand to watch a band play ..... it’s just wrong!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8