Will Hasler last the whole 2012 season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phoenix

Reserve Grader
My stance is simple I believe Hasler should be stood down and Toovey promoted, however that doesn't seem to be the case at present. My question is who really thinks Hasler will last the entire season? Many coaches have tried and failed in continuing to coach while they already have a future coaching role sewn up.

The best scenario to me would be that we go back to back 2012 with Des as coach, and everyone finishes 2012 on a high.

That way there are good vibes all around and hopefully a lot of the football staff and players stay for 2013 under Tooves -- or who ever the 2013 coach will be.

It would also be a test of how good Des really is as a coach if he could pull such a scenario off.

DES is a pro we keep him for 2012 and change the admin and we go back to back.

Des to stay and the announcement that Toovey will succeed him must come soon.

Personaly I would sack Des the day before the season starts, let him go, let the players use their clauses, no one will have any space left in the cap anyway and they will be stuck.

Flat answer is NO.

He's only sticking around because it was too late in the year when Zorbagate happened and he would struggle to bring across any players due to cap restrictions.

If the relationship with the Board was dysfunctional this year, wait for fireworks in 2012.

The main problem is he now holds all the cards and the detonators.

stvsmith said:
The best scenario to me would be that we go back to back 2012 with Des as coach, and everyone finishes 2012 on a high.

That way there are good vibes all around and hopefully a lot of the football staff and players stay for 2013 under Tooves -- or who ever the 2013 coach will be.

It would also be a test of how good Des really is as a coach if he could pull such a scenario off.

Agree.

If players have get out clauses that can be activated if he is sacked, what's to stop him from intentionally making Manly do poorly in 2012? Everyone will be none the wiser and just assume it's because he is going and that's why it isn't working. He has already achieved everything at Manly and already has his big fat contract at Al Qaedabury for 2013.

bones said:
If players have get out clauses that can be activated if he is sacked, what's to stop him frodo intentionally making Manly do poorly in 2012? Everyone will be none the wiser and just assume it's because he is going and that's why it isn't working. He has already achieved everything at Manly and already has his big fat contract at Al Qaedabury for 2013.

Boring racist bull****, your just as bad as a parra fan this week

The Eagle said:
bones said:
If players have get out clauses that can be activated if he is sacked, what's to stop him frodo intentionally making Manly do poorly in 2012? Everyone will be none the wiser and just assume it's because he is going and that's why it isn't working. He has already achieved everything at Manly and already has his big fat contract at Al Qaedabury for 2013.

It's no more racist than the sheep shagging comments last week when we played the warriors or the westie bogan comments when we play the panthers or eels. Its just a pun based nickname. I'm not a racist, however I don't care if you incorrectly think I am as you mean nothing to me. I have friends who are Lebanese, one of whom cracked up laughing when I called the bulldogs that. Stick your political correct bull**** where it fits.

The Eagle said:
bones said:

Settle down Shane I hardly call al qaedabury is hardly racist. I guess we are all shocked and are hurting and react in different ways

bones said:
The Eagle said:
bones said:

It's no more racist than the sheep shagging comments last week when we played the warriors or the westie bogan comments when we play the panthers or eels. Its just a pun based nickname. I'm not a racist, however I don't care if you incorrectly think I am as you mean nothing to me. I have friends who are Lebanese, one of whom cracked up laughing when I called the bulldogs that. Stick your political correct bull**** where it fits.

Are you cutting yourself yet? You have been showing nothing but cowardice and you are being no better than these troll dog fans, normally you seem intelligent and somewhat decent, tell your leb mates to read your recent posts and see how they feel

Des has perhaps saved us from board stupidity tearing the club apart, for this I thank him

I personally have been looking forward to Toovey being in charge for ages, he was always my favorite player and he will usher in a new era of dominance, not that Des wasnt tough but Geoff was much tougher

Time to move on and show some class

The Eagle said:
bones said:
The Eagle said:
bones said:

Are you cutting yourself yet? You have been showing nothing but cowardice and you are being no better than these troll dog fans, normally you seem intelligent and somewhat decent, tell your leb mates to read your recent posts and see how they feel

Des has perhaps saved us from board stupidity tearing the club apart, for this I thank him

I personally have been looking forward to Toovey being in charge for ages, he was always my favorite player and he will usher in a new era of dominance, not that Des wasnt tough but Geoff was much tougher

Settle down mate that's crap and you know it. Bones is entitled to express his disappointment

Agree Shane, but i must have lost it. I'm actually starting to get excited about next year. The thought of everyone expecting us to fail and us proving them wrong. We'll get a fantastic look at the players make up and see how staunch they are. I hope Toovey puts his hand up and demands a strong hands on role with the coaching of the side. Change can definately be a good thing. Onwards and upwards.

Supporters can thank Des for a successful stint at the Seaeagles.
No doubt its proven - runs are on the board, but there is things called respect, integrity & loyalty that are definately not on his winners list. This stuff about being bored & wanting more challenges after stating he was a 1 club man for the Seaeagles who gave him the opportunity initially doesn't cut it for me, nor does the signing with Dogs 1 hour after his meeting with the Seaeagles yet we find out 5 days later.
Anyone who wants to bag me for this post is welcome but remember, its probably me you'll be sitting next to supporting the Seaeagles when Des is in the opposition box in a blue & white blazer.
I actually hope he is replaced prior to the 2012 season - keep our players, & win.
Why??? Because we can.

Des is too much of a professional not to give 100% in 2012. He needs to stay next year but the board needs to appoint Tooves this week for 2013 and have him in the box next yera. Employ Cliffy as an assistantfor 2012 to be Tooves assistant in 2013. Also employ Beaver as forwards coach for 2013. No players will want to leave with these three in charge.
Not sure about the impact of Crusher leaving. Other than players he had contacts with at the Eels and Cherry- Evans (and he would have left if Hodgo had stayed) who else has he recruited? Lussick, Morrow, Oldfield and Hoppa are all juniors and Foran is from Hornsby. The 20's came 15th this year so not a lot of talent attracted. Maybe time for fresh blood in this area.

mozgrame said:
Agree Shane, but i must have lost it. I'm actually starting to get excited about next year. The thought of everyone expecting us to fail and us proving them wrong. We'll get a fantastic look at the players make up and see how staunch they are. I hope Toovey puts his hand up and demands a strong hands on role with the coaching of the side. Change can definately be a good thing. Onwards and upwards.

We have all lost it mate....worst premiership win week ever,i just think we should try to show some class is all

Imagine if we had lost....feels like we did

The Eagle said:
bones said:
The Eagle said:
bones said:

That was just a wankerish comment there. Some people are upset and on these forums they have every right to vent. Everyone vents in a different manner.

Personally Shane I would apologise because you crossed a line there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4