Will Gallop apologise to Brett and the Club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
EXCERPT FROM NRL STATEMENT:

‎"...everyone is entitled to a proper legal process and the presumption of innocence... the NRL resisted calls to stand Brett down until the court case was determined."

Gallop and the NRL hung Brett out to dry... suspended him for 4 weeks. Didn't stand by him until they got the final verdict... they ditched him. No presumption of innocence there in my opinion!

The NRL's argument and/or justification that Brett's suspension, not because of the sexual assault allegations, but for public intoxication, holds little to no credibility considering other players, who have been intoxicated in public since Brett's incident, have not been suspended... most recently Johnathan Thurston

Many are saying that Manly may have lost plenty of potential sponsorship opportunities and that Brett potentially lost many personal endorsement opportunities due to the NRL's hasty decision making. I agree totally! I'd also go as far as to say that Brett lost 2 years of his career and perhaps many more due to his four match suspension. Had he not been suspended for the first month of the 2009 season, he would not have (may not have) ever suffered the initial long term knee injury and therefore the second injury wouldn't have (may not have) occurred either.

The Hasler Code link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=185541.msg299191#msg299191 date=1285739984]
If anything, the media are responsible for what Gallop did!

You can't be serious.  It's Gallop's own fault if he let the hysteria affect his judgment
[/quote]
Mate can you not see that Gallop bowed to pressure from the media, News Limited, the NRL board and probably his wife too! Regardless what you think, he runs the NRL. He does not control it. No i don't think his actions in anyway helped. However, i don't think he had a choice.

Fonz link said:
Mate can you not see that Gallop bowed to pressure from the media, News Limited, the NRL board and probably his wife too!

No, I can't see this when there's absolutely no evidence to base this opinion on.  He didn't have to do anything the media wanted.  Of course he had a choice.  He's the CEO, he should be showing leadership not being a puppet

How many times has Jake Friend been done for being drunk, driving without a licence and a few other misdemeanors. Yet because he plays for "team Politis" ,who happens to be on the NRL board, nothing happens.

I don't recall Laffranchi going through what Brett did and yet this baffoon Gallop claims he was behind Brett all the way.

He claims Brett was suspended for being drunk but everyone could see through that facade. The real reason was because he thought Brett was guilty.

Gallop is a ****ing joke.

swoop link said:
The real reason was because he thought Brett was guilty.

Possibly, but I think having to pull the ad played a big part too.  He was angry about it and wanted to take it out on Brett.  If he wasn't the face of the game I think it would have been a different story.

swoop link said:

Gallop is a f**king joke.

Im of the belief that the real reason was that he acted to protect his position as CEO and to minimise adverse perceptions such as a lack of leadership. All done with scant regard to the ramifications for Brett.

The fa**rken joke bit i wholeheartedly agreee with. :)

[quote author=swoop link=topic=185541.msg299258#msg299258 date=1285743567]

Possibly, but I think having to pull the ad played a big part too.  He was angry about it and wanted to take it out on Brett.  If he wasn't the face of the game I think it would have been a different story.
[/quote]

So he puts a girlfiend basher in his place, yet did he stand Inglis down?

Gallop has no leadership and is a news ltd puppet with no balls.

Whether Mr Gallop apologises or not, I'm willing to bet that the NOT GUILTY verdict is not the headline in the Telegraph tomorrow.
Nor is it likely to get the same amount of reverse coverage in the mainstream electronic media ( eg Footy Show etc ) that the initial allegations did. It'd be nice if they invited one of "the faces of rugby league" & true stars of the game onto their GF show as a sign of goodwill to show the greater public what's been lost ( or stolen ) over the past 18 months.... :mad:

Expect this story to die from media coverage very very quickly.  The last thing media wants is well established fact.  They trade on unsubstantiated rumour, allegations, innuendo and suspicion.

As for whether Gallop had and has a choice.  If you're a puppet and the media's pulling your strings, then you have no choice. Only leaders have a choice. Puppets lack a spine.

The Boot link said:
Whether Mr Gallop apologises or not, I'm willing to bet that the NOT GUILTY verdict is not the headline in the Telegraph tomorrow.
Nor is it likely to get the same amount of reverse coverage in the mainstream electronic media ( eg Footy Show etc ) that the initial allegations did. It'd be nice if they invited one of \"the faces of rugby league\" & true stars of the game onto their GF show as a sign of goodwill to show the greater public what's been lost ( or stolen ) over the past 18 months.... :mad:

Just to add to your comment, which I agree with... I've noticed since the no guilty verdicts the terms "rape" and "sexual intercourse" have not been used as readily, if at all. In all the news reports I have seen they are saying that Brett has been found not guilty of molesting a 17yr old girl... so it is already being down played to an extent.

[quote author=Fonz link=topic=185541.msg299222#msg299222 date=1285742261]
Mate can you not see that Gallop bowed to pressure from the media, News Limited, the NRL board and probably his wife too!

No, I can't see this when there's absolutely no evidence to base this opinion on.  He didn't have to do anything the media wanted.  Of course he had a choice.  He's the CEO, he should be showing leadership not being a puppet
[/quote]
Where's the evidence your opinion is based on then mate? My point is that you are blaming someone when you don't know the story. Yes, he's the CEO. Yes the suspension and fine came from him and yes you're kidding if you think a CEO has complete control over the running of an organisation such as the NRL. Your facts are false. The facts are, the NRL board wanted Stewart gone, Sponsors wanted Stewart gone, current coaches and commentators wanted Stewart gone, The media wanted Stewart gone, The public wanted Stewart gone(except the ones on the peninsula) So Gallop did What any CEO would do and cut off his finger to save his hand! Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it wasn't the right thing to do by the game. Don't forget, he was accused of sexual assault on a minor. After all the work the NRL has done regarding women in rugby league and drunken behaviour they took a stand to please the greater community. Gallop doesn't care that you're upset. His sponsors were happy. As i stated before, if Stewart had been found guilty and Gallop didn't take any action wouldn't he be in more trouble?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2