Will "cat" touch footy tactics change the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader

Now that the "cats" have won a premiership playing like cats in a wednesday night touch footy comp. Will the other coaches attempt to negate this by using similar tactics?

Should manly do away with the big forwards like Hecks and train Matai for prop in the offseason?

well if Cat tactics are the word we have the biggest feline of them all in Jason king!

I like their style. I would hardly say they play like cats but if their 'method' of play is winning matches and premierships, why not try it?

So the fact the majority of there hit up's are surrenders because they can't bust eggs and there halves run at the line then run backwards isn't cat tactics.........What isn't?

So the fact the majority of there hit up's are surrenders because they can't bust eggs and there halves run at the line then run backwards isn't cat tactics.........What isn't?
what is it?

It is straight out of the co-written book by monaghan and king, called "Chasing tails in marshmellow land"

Garts and Daniel.... that pure gold my friends.

[quote author=byso]
what is it?

It is straight out of the co-written book by monaghan and king, called "Chasing tails in marshmellow land"
[/quote]

So monas and King are ahead of their time

Only in the sport of hind and seek fluff.

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=byso]
what is it?

[/quote]

No they wrote the book, and they are good at falling like pillows and chasing tails, they just cant execute like the toigs

So monas and King are ahead of their time
[/quote]

As much as i hate the Bulldogs I would have liked to see the cats up against their full strength team in the GF.

I would think that the likes of big willie, SBW, Asotasi, Tonga, O'meally etc would have made mincemeat of the tigers pack as they are both big and mobile.

The tigers fluked their win this year more due to other teams (saints and Parra particularly) choking this year.

I would put good money on them not making it two in a row next year as other teams will learn to shut them down more effectively. They will also probably be still pissed next year when the comp starts.

other teams would only follow if this method was playing to their strengths. it does not suit all teams!!

so I do not think the tigers game plan will influence rugby league that much, I am sure I have heard of teams usings the surrender tactic previously to.

It was only a year ago that the Dogs won with massive guys like O'Meley, Mason and Asotasi, so I don't see why you can't win with big powerful forwards. What is obvious to me though is that our forwards' offloading and passing skills need to get better.

I dont think the world is going to end Byso - as you seem to think that the Tigers tatics will lead to it.

Teams will find a way to combat this - big strong forwards arent gone - the Tigers just didnt have any so after some absolutly 100% top quality coaching played to their strengths - their mobility and speed and won like that.

If other teams had been sensible they would listen to teh ref call surrender and then actually lie on them longer. They would also let the Tiger fall and then drive them into the ground with their shoulder and make them not want to get up. They would also have run their forwards at Benji's shoulder and also tried to shook up Prince. (In State of Orign one of the NSW forwards ran 20-30m sideways, spotted Lockyer and ran straight at him full ball)

The Tigers winning was a case of (throughout the whole finals series and end of the regular season)
good intelligent coaching, playing to strengths out witting slow to adapt coaching, that did not react to the fact that to beat different teams needs different approaches.

Their seems to be a hatred by teams against modifing tatics mid seaason and adapting game plans drastically depending on opposition teams tatics.

Here I was thinking there was only a few weeks of life left on the world after the Tigersa won the comp. :)

Thanks for clearing that up, I can know sleep at night :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4