Will Beaver re-sign for 2008.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
For 2008 do you think Beaver will re-sign for his last year at Manly or do you expect him to go to the UK. To get less money than Monas ;)

Also do you really care if he stays with Manly next year, do we really need him?

After this most recent injury I would have to say he'd be crazy if he doesn't take up the money thats available in the UK.

That being said, Bever said on FOX that he has an option for next season and at this stage he would like to run around again.

Also, he strikes me as the kind of bloke who would be happy to hang up the boots at Manly and not find another club to finish off for that little bit of extra cash.

And yes, I care if Beaver is with us next year and he can still contribute to the team. 10 weeks in and we haven't forgotten how good he is have we???

A legend like Menzies shouldn't be given a time frame, he has earned the right to call it a day when 'he' feels the time is right.

If our club give him a nudge than I would see it as a sign of disrespect for a Manly Legend.

He's a legend of the club but I don't know how much more he has to offer.
His form dropped off towards the end of last year & he doesn't need to end his career in PL. I'd like to see him have one last big shot this year.

I'd love to see Menzies finish his career with a gf win this year. What I would hate to see is him go one year too long.

Forget Menzies big money coz we would get some kind of discount on our cap coz of how long he has been with us

It is his choice when he finishes, not managements imo, he has given so much he can do what he wants in my books

Pre injury i was 70/30 that he would call it quits at the end of this year, now i think its the other way around and he most likely will be running around again next year.

However should be take home the big one he will announce his retirement after that and rightfully so.

Do we need him? no, the club is bigger than any 1 player but that can be said for any player to ever play the game.

Does he add value? Yes, he may not be in career best form but he is still a touch above and has plenty of class. I know i would much prefer him than willo.

Do i care if he stays? I would prefer him to finish his career here but if he chooses England i will support him completly. Not too many more loyal, talented, exciting players to have ever pulled on a jersey in the history of rugby league

Pre injury i was 70/30 that he would call it quits at the end of this year, now i think its the other way around and he most likely will be running around again next year.

However should be take home the big one he will announce his retirement after that and rightfully so.

Do we need him? no, the club is bigger than any 1 player but that can be said for any player to ever play the game.

Does he add value? Yes, he may not be in career best form but he is still a touch above and has plenty of class. I know i would much prefer him than willo.

Do i care if he stays? I would prefer him to finish his career here but if he chooses England i will support him completly. Not too many more loyal, talented, exciting players to have ever pulled on a jersey in the history of rugby league

Fluffy :clap: :clap:

Byso why bring your girlfriend into every thread. Everyone else is sick of talking about him and to bring him into a thread discussing Menzies and his loyalty to this club.... :stupid:

This is a non issue for me.. I hope beaver plays until he is 6ft under!

Yes, i think we are missing him to be honest.

I can't wait for him to get back.

Comparing Beaver and Monaghan is like comparing the Queen Mary and The Manly Ferry!!!

I think we would all like more Beaver next year!

[quote author=Fluffy]

Fluffy :clap: :clap:

Byso why bring your girlfriend into every thread. Everyone else is sick of talking about him and to bring him into a thread discussing Menzies and his loyalty to this club.... :stupid:
[/quote]

If it annoys you Pepsi.............. The thread is a success ;)

Should I start a thread
Would Beaver earn more than Monos in Super league.
Would Monos make a better Lock than Burns :stupid:

Or our old favourite. Is Monas a better half than The Ox? :dance:

:bdh:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4