Will any of our youngsters crack the 17 this season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
Last year Guac and Schuster locked down starting positions after beginning the season on the edge of the top squad.

Will any of our exciting prospects do the same this year?

If so, who?

The trial last night got me excited for the future with Koula, Gordie, Weekes, Tui, and Humphries all looking like great prospects.

But without injury this year I don’t see them cracking the top side. Outside chance of Koula getting a centre spot by season’s end.

It’s a long season and injury/Covid will play a part. I wouldn’t be surprised a good deal of these kids get a crack at some point. I was really impressed watching last night. Mind you it was only the tigers. Fair go is that side a lock for the spoon? Couple of good forwards but outside that they are rubbish.

I expect Tuipulotu, Koula, and Weekes to each get a run at some stage, with the first 2 capable of nailing down a spot in the 17, especially if one of the incumbent backs is missing for an extended time through injury.
We have a bit of a queue of experienced forwards but my guess as most likely to score a debut (based just on that trial really!) Tuitavake and Chan Kum Tong, maybe a cameo later in the year to kick off their NRL journeys. I also thought Roumanis looked good, but we do have the tigers bloke already pencilled in for next year.

I reckon at least 3 of the young blokes we seen in the Tigers trial will debut and in fact, it's certain the plan is already in place for SOO period.
It's the regular top grade outside backs looking over shoulders, as once opportunity is taken.....will be hard to get back in.
Also see Tong given a shot in 22 and young monster forward Alec Tuivake could easily push for a 15 - 17 spot this season
What a healthy competitive team we have to look forward too....

It’s a long season and injury/Covid will play a part. I wouldn’t be surprised a good deal of these kids get a crack at some point. I was really impressed watching last night. Mind you it was only the tigers. Fair go is that side a lock for the spoon? Couple of good forwards but outside that they are rubbish.
Our first grade side was only slighlty better than that wooden spoon side which would be a worry? I reckon tigers will go better tbh.

Our first grade side was only slighlty better than that wooden spoon side which would be a worry? I reckon tigers will go better tbh.
I think tigers will be about 12th, they didn’t play their best player douehi, and Laurie plus garner were out.

Having said that, once manly got some rhythm the game was in the bag at half time. I would have expected a similar 28-4 scoreline if the A teams played the second half. Maybe more if turbo cut loose. He carved them up in second gear.

We usually lose trials so the fact that we won one has me feeling 2008 vibes.

Only conceding one try was pretty good. Tigers have never lacked young talent, they just usually don't retain them long enough to see their best. There was a stage of the second half when they kept getting offloads away and I feared our side might be about to wilt.

The fact they gutsed it out and finished going away suggests there is a steely resolve in the whole squad this year. You can't put a dollar value on that attitude, it's worth more than a star player or two, and can end up building serious momentum.

Still too young. Only Tuipolutu a possibility through backline injury. Where was Jorge on Fri night ? Others all too green. They have a season or 2 in Jersey Flegg or NSW cup to do yet.

I really like the enthusiasm of all our youngsters, especially nice in the 2nd half against the Tigers.

However, is it just me, but do most of these young guys look about 6 inches to a foot too short to be superstars.

Koula really looked excellent, however if he was a little taller he would be a sensation.

Koula, Tuipulotu and Burbo are likely to get a run at various stages due to injuries, suspensions and origin. In the forwards I was most impressed with Tuitavake, Fifta and Roumanos. They formed a monster pack with Sipley, Aloiai and Boyle that overpowered the Tigers. A special mention to young Humphries and GCKT who played very well and are both stars of the future but unlikely to crack first grade in 2022 but you never know what might happen.

I really like the enthusiasm of all our youngsters, especially nice in the 2nd half against the Tigers.

However, is it just me, but do most of these young guys look about 6 inches to a foot too short to be superstars.

Koula really looked excellent, however if he was a little taller he would be a sensation.

Tuipulotu is over 6'1

Weekes taller than Foran and Walker

Koula same height as Foran.

Not a concern I share.

Gordon isn’t tall, but is 91kg. They all just look youthful because they are. Will get stronger over the next year or two.

Gordon isn’t tall, but is 91kg. They all just look youthful because they are. Will get stronger over the next year or two.
GCKT is 91kg???

Wow, he looked way lighter than that the other night but that was in comparison to the other players around him I suppose.

There is exactly 0 chance of anyone outside last years top 17 getting a start unless it's through injury/covid or suspension. Injury/covid and suspension is inevitable so I expect at least 2 or 3 youngsters will get a shot at some stage.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10