Why would you do that?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Apparently we played ducks and drakes with the Broncos before the kick-off, telling them they couldn't warm up where they wanted and then assigning them a small sliver of grass in the car park.

Broncos' players and coaching staff very pissed off understandably and now they're putting us to the sword.

We've had the ball twice, and dropped it twice. Given away 3 dumb penalties. And we're down 8-0 after 5 minutes.

Now - who would that have been? :naughty:

The ploy obviously worked. We should do it to every team playing at brookvale form now on. In fact let them warm up on pittwater road.

Give them no hot water in the opposition showers either and make every team hate playing at the fortress.

Like every team so far this year they have the opportunity of using Brookvale Oval, other than Hunt & Bott they didn't bother, tough titties to the Bronco's I say.

The weren't very hospitable when went up to Brisbane. In fact, they embarrassed us by kicking our ass.

The full story is that the Broncos decided not to warm up in front of the Brookie Crowd on the paddock and asked if they could use St Augustines where the Sea Eagles warm up. They were told no and the only alternative was the top car park, which was used by visiting sides until the NRL rule insisted visiting sides could use the ground for the half hour before the game!

Darren Chokeyer said Brookvale was the only ground that really intimidated the Broncs. None of their current squad has won a game at Brookvale in Bronco colours so there must be something to it.

Now - who would that have been? :naughty:

Zorba did that & well done to him for doing so. Zorba did what was right for Manly, the Bronco's had a perfectly good oval on which to warm up on & as CW said, they chose not to. Now Matebele, whose the naughty boy now?

When a team goes to Suncorp... where do they warm up????

Broncos are just one of those sides who believe that are above every other team and can get what they want. Its about time someone had the balls to warm up where 'THEY' wanted to warm up at 'THERE' home ground.

I hope you guys booed the **** out of them.

At Suncorp this year we warmed up on the field and from memory got the razz when they entered the arena.

Hmmmmmmm........

The way this was described on various radio stations is very different to what actually took place.

It seems as though the real issue here was the Broncos' fear of rabid animals such as Wheel and Pepsi, rather than any obtuseness on behalf of our managment.

You have all made your points well - that being we owed the dirty banana benders no favours and didn't give them any.

That'll do me - and apologies for suggesting otherwise.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4