Why would you believe newspapers?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
On this morning's back page of the Telecrap relating to Jennings:
He's Not for Sale.
On the back page of the SMH:
Penrith open to offers for Jennings

I guess one of them will be right.

I think the whole Jennings saga and sacking Lewis as captain is about putting the outspoken player group at penrith back in their box.

When petro was there the playing group were too big for their boots if you remember they had a massive cry when an underperforming coach Matt Elliott was sacked and repeated it when it was announced that stand coach joe Thomas wasn't getting the gig.

It's an underachieving playing group and I think Gus and cleary have drawn a line in the sand.

What's in the newspapers can be one of several things, players/managers/clubs using the media to achieve a goal whether that be a negotiating tool, misinformation or even correct information, the newspapers having information from sources which could be correct or not, or the newspapers putting together crap to sell papers and fill up the columns.

Based on that, there is no way of know what is correct, what is close to correct, and what is total BS.

The best is to ignore most of it unless officially reported by the NRL, one of the clubs or a player.

This is a good example where there should be a score card for the papers.
Who ever is right gets a point. So obviously it can't be judged today. But in a few days. You can declare a winner or a draw. They both can't be right.
If a paper changes it tune within a week, it gets awarded as a forfeit and they lose that round
The t-Rex story is the same. Bulldogs, parra, eagles. All speculation

I'm almost sold on the side that at SMH and news.com.au headquarters they have a number of chocolate wheels.

Wheel 1 - Spin and get a team.
Wheel 2 - Spin and get a number from 1-17, that becomes the position of the person you create a story about.
Wheel 3 - Spin and get the team you are hyping them as signing with.

and then fill in the blanks from there.

It's becomming a joke that there is almost more "crap" articles about player movements than there is about rugby league these days. The media has absolutely no accountability for disrupting players, teams, and contract negotiations by posting lies and fallacies simply to try and sell their paper.

Maybe the clubs are letting them run with these sort of garbage stories knowing that their credibility will be shot to pieces when official announcements are made.

Heck maybe the better option is simply for clubs to start blacklisting media outlets for interviews, comments, etc, until they stop publishing BS.

Typical journo lies.

Lies about pollies/business/community groups/celebrities on the front page, lies about sportspeople on the back.

I wish there was some way to stop the vapid masses from lapping this **** up and encouraging the vermin but there doesn't seem to be.

One of them will prove to be the broken clock on this issue. The other will just move on with no accountability.

I wonder if one day we will see a website created which exposes media bloopers - reportings/rumours/predictions which prove to be untrue? Showing the original article and the contradictory evidence.

Sortable by publication, topic, reporter, date, etc

Sourced from reader submission of original links.

Might be fun to read.

It could be a daily/weekly newspaper in itself.

Funny, isn't it, that aminst all the incorrect speculation, nothing (I read) speculated on Dean Whare leaving. The journos only reported it once it had become officially posted by Penrith.
These football writers couldn't get a 'scoop' with a shovel.

Dan79 said:
Who ever is right gets a point. So obviously it can't be judged today. But in a few days. You can declare a winner or a draw. They both can't be right.
If a paper changes it tune within a week, it gets awarded as a forfeit and they lose that round

If they both get it right would they go to golden point :D

People will blindly believe anything they see in print. The bible being the perfect example.

2830 Eagle said:
Dan79 said:

If they both get it right would they go to golden point :D

You go to the stop watch and look at release time. If they are within an hour of each other, both get 1. It is ok to have a tie. If they are an hour apart you have a winner. Only works for print media, unless you have a link to an audio grab that is time stamped. Print media is the worst of the bunch anyway

bones said:
People will blindly believe anything they see in print. The bible being the perfect example.

Bible the movie would be a box office smash

James earl jones as god.

Rex said:
I wonder if one day we will see a website created which exposes media bloopers - reportings/rumours/predictions which prove to be untrue? Showing the original article and the contradictory evidence.

Sortable by publication, topic, reporter, date, etc

Sourced from reader submission of original links.

Might be fun to read.

It could be a daily/weekly newspaper in itself.

I thought Dan said he was working on something like this for the interweb about a month ago.

Then again he also said he was thinking about doing some silvertails merchandise.

I mean what's the go here? Just because he's a new dad with a paying job he thinks he can neglect us???

Revolt I say!

Oops, I just hijacked my own post - Just kidding Mr Daniel, ewe da man!

It's true about that website though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4