Why the f…. can we never defend kicks???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Seriously,

This is a massive issue and has been for some time, we haven’t been able to defend a kick since fuking 1947!!!!

short kick offs, Bombs, Grubbers, you name it!. we fumble and bumble every bloody time!!

last night was disgusting the amount of try’s and ball they got from us not defending kicks, do they actually practice this stuff at training or what?

There were two good periods of bomb / kick defusing:
1971 (late) - 1981 &
2004 - 2014. Well at least until Horhey was playing regular 1st grade.

I agree that it is a problem. I don't understand why more teams, including us, don't use the short kick-off to re-start play. Running forward to catch the ball is an advantage against those trying to defuse a kick whilst stationery, so it is not surprising the kick is regularly regathered.
I will say that losing Turbo has hindered our chances of defusing a kick because of his height and his natural catching ability.

I agree that it is a problem. I don't understand why more teams, including us, don't use the short kick-off to re-start play. Running forward to catch the ball is an advantage against those trying to defuse a kick whilst stationery, so it is not surprising the kick is regularly regathered.
I will say that losing Turbo has hindered our chances of defusing a kick because of his height and his natural catching ability.
well
said

I brought this issue up a number of years ago (indirectly). I banged on about short kick offs and short drop offs being a potential area we were neglecting. And despite some teams starting to explore it, I still can't believe this has continued to this day and we sit back and watch a Manly team get mauled in this area. If dumba$$ sausage role-munching numbnut me can see it, why can't out coaching staff?

Seriously,

This is a massive issue and has been for some time, we haven’t been able to defend a kick since fuking 1947!!!!

short kick offs, Bombs, Grubbers, you name it!. we fumble and bumble every bloody time!!

last night was disgusting the amount of try’s and ball they got from us not defending kicks, do they actually practice this stuff at training or what?
Hahaha for once I'm in agreement with you mate. I too can't remember the last time we were able to diffuse short kick offs or short line drop outs! Even kicks into the in goal we struggle with no matter if Tom is there or whoever. Seriously with the height advantage we have in Saab, Ola, Garrick etc. we should be doing better. Koula & Tui are shorter & manage to get up high.

I brought this issue up a number of years ago (indirectly). I banged on about short kick offs and short drop offs being a potential area we were neglecting. And despite some teams starting to explore it, I still can't believe this has continued to this day and we sit back and watch a Manly team get mauled in this area. If dumba$$ sausage role-munching numbnut me can see it, why can't out coaching staff?
Coz they don't eat sausage rolls mate......

Coz they don't eat sausage rolls mate......

Tomato Sauce Food GIF by MasterFoods

Hahaha for once I'm in agreement with you mate. I too can't remember the last time we were able to diffuse short kick offs or short line drop outs! Even kicks into the in goal we struggle with no matter if Tom is there or whoever. Seriously with the height advantage we have in Saab, Ola, Garrick etc. we should be doing better. Koula & Tui are shorter & manage to get up high.
it’s unreal
isn’t it, happens so often with us

I just watched the highlights of the game and two of the cows tries from kicks their player goes up gets no where near the ball however completely takes our player out then they dive on the ball and score. Im not saying it should be a penalty but what a great tactic.
Their last three tries were pretty flukey as well. Almost unstoppable. Saab was unlucky not to stop Holmes in their last one. It was almost like a bad dream. We just couldn’t stop them no matter what.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4