Why Techies have short fuses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I kid you not, this is what it use to be like at my old job

http://kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=2619&NEXTID=0&PREVID=526&DISPLAYORDER=20050926184018&CAT=anims&NSFW=0&page=1&genre=0&rating=nsfw_sfw

It is what it is like now sometimes too!

That is why we get the ****s, its not that you the person we are speaking to are stupid, its just that when we weigh up the balance of the intelligence of the sum of the calls that we take, we can only conclude that the human race is in dire straights!

Hasnlt this guy heard of voice mail? Our technical suport have voicemail on 24 hours day and call us back when it suits them. usually 24 hours later.

usually there are service level agreements, and maintenance contracts. If so someone has to be available between the hours specified in the contract.

At my old job you often missed out on lunch because you literally were unable to hang up the phone to put it on voicemal, it was seriously that bad!

Deleted posts?

Very strange !

why is it strange i left the post up saying i was deleting the posts. it was there for over 10 minutes!

The only reason the IT guys need to weigh up the calls is that they are not smart enough to look around the room and realise the lack of intelligence that surrounds them.

I was told yet again to restart my computer for a problem that had not gone away when i restarted it twice before that. They are like fish swimming around a fish bowl - look a castle, look another castle, look another castle.

The only reason the IT guys need to weigh up the calls is that they are not smart enough to look around the room and realise the lack of intelligence that surrounds them.

I was told yet again to restart my computer for a problem that had not gone away when i restarted it twice before that. They are like fish swimming around a fish bowl - look a castle, look another castle, look another castle.

usually you get that kind of response from the IT department or lowly paid Desktop support techs.

Again you are mistaking jobs!

Application support is what I do at times here and did in my previous job, you rarely ever ask them to reboot unless you have asked someone to install something.

The problems that require rebooting are generally due to Windows, and there is little the techie can do anyway, and 99% of users are happy if you at least get them to try something

Wasnt saying you do that, just commenting on my ongoing frustrations with my incompetent IT department.

tghey have managers, ask them to enforce KPI's and SLA's that should kick their buts into shape

****ing morons. its surprised you dont fall over more and short out your keyboard from teh dribble you so clearly spatter it with

I had my computer in for repair and after 3 days I rang up to ask the helpdesk when it would be ready.

The answer: I e-mailed you to pick it up yesterday!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4