Why Sea Eagle Jake Trbojevic has thanked his teammate Nate Myles ahead of Friday’s game with the Bul

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
AS he makes final preparations for Friday’s huge NRL season opener against the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval, Sea Eagles forward Jake Trbojevic has revealed the big impact that new recruit Nate Myles has had on him.

The experienced Queensland State of Origin forward Myles has been a positive influence on the outstanding Mona Vale Raiders junior as the new look side prepared for their 2016 campaign.

Myles, 30, and 22-year-old Trbojevic have emerged “top of the props”, selected as the two starting front-rowers to tackle the big Bulldogs pack

“He comes to the club with Origin experience, with international experience and he’s always willing to help out,” Trbojevic said.

“He helps us all us young blokes with things on and off the field.

“He’s a great leader in that regard and I’m looking forward to playing alongside him.”

Looking across the ruck in the heat of battle and seeing Myles on the same side gives Trbojevic a big shot of confidence.

Manly set out to muscle up their for 2016 under the guidance of consultant Bob Fulton and the have certainly achieved that with the likes of Nate Myles and Martin Taupau being signed.

And that has meant the competition for frontrow spots in the Manly side is fierce and that is demonstrated by the first week selections.

Darcy Lussick and Siosia Vave have been named on the interchange bench with Brenton Lawrence and Josh Starling starting in the NSW Cup side and Luke Burgess on the bench.

Trbojevic, who is the fittest he has ever been at the start of a season, can’t wait for kick off on Friday.

“I think it is very exciting, we’ve got a new look team, we have all trained pretty hard during the off-season and hopefully we’ll get a packed crowd at Brookie,” he said.

“The Bulldogs are a pretty physical pack so you have to be on your game and get off to a good start.”

Trbojevic said coming up against the likes of James Graham and Sam Kasiano is a challenge he is looking forward to.

“They are all great players so it is a test for myself and a test for our forward pack to see where we are at,” he said.

“ But we’ve had a great off season and everyone is full of confidence.”

Jon Geddes

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/95e0d618c260348b4c66f1330a9dc909

Class act alright @globaleagle thats why Jake is a crowd favourite, he has humility and dignity. The fact he has the brains to realise Nate can be the BK of this era is great to see. If Jake continues to listen and learn he will play origin and tests within 2 years.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6