Why Manly is superior.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Bored summertime footy facts.

Here is a piece of trivia that re-inforces why we are the best Rugby League club in Australia indeed the world.

From http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html#teams

The team that has played in the most finals matches since 1957 is Manly with 84 finals games and 2,950,999 attendees the most by any club in history. Could only be bettered by Saints BUT it is now StG/Illawarra a separate club.

-no wooden spoons
-won the last GF at the SCG
-won the GF in Leagues centenary year.
-only team to win a GF in each of the last five decades.
-one of only 2 teams to win GF's at all 3 venues ( SCG, SFS and ANZ.)
-the ONLY team that has featured in the last 8 finals series.

Manchester United! Eat your heart out. The Sea Eagles have your measure.....and then some.

I would never have picked Brooky to have hosted the most Rugby League games of all the grounds ever used. We also have a fairly good average over those games compared to the big names like Belmore or Redfern. As often as I believe we need a new ground, it's records like this that make me say that Brooky just needs to be updated to continue these records.

Too right eagleE. How can the NRL not support the continued use of a ground that has hosted a record 546 games and over 6.3 million people through the turnstiles. It's pathetic the lack of support from local and state govts for a ground with so much history , heritage and service to the community.

I wonder if any of the Telecrap reporters were howling in dismay at the paltry crowd at belmore for their 1 and only finals game back in 1997 Stupid league. Canterbury vs Penrith super league finals game 10492. They **** all over us for our finals crowds vs the Cowgirls and these 2 niff nuff clubs couldn't break 10500 for a finals game at New Mecca sports ground.

I would even go as far as to say that Manly has produced more Australian players over the past fifty years than any other club.

You would be right ... 50 players since 1948, as per - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australia_national_rugby_league_team_players

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8