Why is this year different?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I don't know why...I have supported Manly since Northern Eagles, and for some reason that I can't place, I actually feel cocky when talking up our chances this year. I'm actually confident in backing the team. What's so different about this year?

A guy at work here told me that one of our colleagues husband (Armstrong is the second name), who used to coach Manly lower grades (Premier League Grade I think), who now coaches The Tigers reckons we are placed from 1st to 4th this year.

Interesting to hear what the people in the know think eh?

Talk is cheap. We were April Premiers last year and then folded like paper at the World Origami Championships.

The team on paper is good if we can find a 5/8 but it has to be translated onto the paddock. Also need to make more metres and give Ox some room to move!

We are on the up and should do better than 2005 if we can win away from Brookie and win a few night games

We can only reach the top this year if our team over-achieves and the players play to their maximum potential. I'm big on players playing to theur capacity. The Tigers showed that you don't need superstars in every position. You just need guys who go out and not only give 100%, but also play to their maximum potential. If every player over-achieves this year, we can do it.

I'm physically having to self restrain my own fingers Fonz...

HeHe...for the record:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Paul Stephenson
03. Steven Bell
04. Ashley Alberts
05. Chris Hicks
06. Michael Witt
07. Matt Orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

15. Shayne Dunley
16. Luke Willaimson
17. Mark Bryant
18. Kylie Leuleuai

Strongest team during season....Not side I would go with in trial.

Yeah Ryan but what team do they think we will put on the field?

Manly can make the top 4 this year provided that BK and ox stay injury free and play the majority of games.

We also need King and the other props to really stand up and show mongrel and go forward this year.

If premierships were won in April then Norths would have won more than any other team in history. Sadly they aren't.

I would like to write:-

GO THOSE BEARS !!!

But I won't.

Sadly I cannot see them ever getting back in the NRL which is a shame because the local derby's each year were 2 of the best games of the year.

Teams don't seem to have the same passion and hate these days that norths and manly had in the good old day's.

Norths hated Manly and we gave them little respect - for many years there was no reason to do so!!!

I loved getting four free points each year!

Monasgate killed our season. Team harmony is crucial. Fingers crossed but we need a big turnaround to be near the top come September.

I'm with ya ryan!!

I was just chatting with my old man today and i was saying this is the first year in ages i am fairly confident we will go well!!

I hope i'm not disappointed - watch this space!!

haha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4