Why Graeme Hughes???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Narly

Reserve Grader
Why are we using this guy as our MC for the awards night. He never has anything good to say about Manly. Hate the guy and his crap bias show.

B_E is correct

When I was growing up watching league, Hughes and Lowe were the commentators over here, and bloody good at it too I might add

Gotta agree...Somethings should be Manly only, and Graeme Hughes aint.
Its the Sea Eagles awards night surely we can get some one withmaroon and white blood to run the show.

There's a lot of goats going around.

Or are we talking about one very promiscuous goat?

He sarcastically gives it to the club and us  supporters regularily on his 2SM gig , particularily when his mate Tunks is on .

I hope this isn't a case of mates rates Lowie ?

I don't mind Graeme Hughes and find him pretty balanced and of course he's played the game at a top level.

I was surprised to see him as MC but knew that he and Lowie were mates.

Maybe Hugh Jackman was busy that night and of course Mel GT will be in Delhi for the games.

Wendy Harmer and Tim Freedman (Whitlams) were joint MC's at the season launch (and Manly mayor Jean Hay and Warringah Mayor Michael Regan assisted) so "been there, seen them"

Mikey Robbins (Souths fan) MC'd Beaver's black tie leaving party in the city (Gus also held the mike for a big chunk of time) and Billy Birmingham (A massive Manly fan) was entertaining when he took the stage.

Zorba will want to kick back - as will I - so I'm trusting Mary who is organising the event (and she is as Maroon and white as they come) has made a good call in making a "Doggy" do the work whilst the Silvertails make merry.

As the saying goes...Why buy a dog and then bark yourself?

It's usually a cracking night, a good chance to frock up, catch up with friends and close the season - won't quite be the same as the 2008 season close of course but still a lot of fun and a good chance to recognise the players and support staff for their efforts this season and farewell those who are moving on.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7