Why every NRL club will or won’t survive the greatest financial crisis they’ve ever seen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
NRL clubs are facing the biggest financial crisis since the second world war.

The coronavirus pandemic has already shut down the 2020 season indefinitely, and now the question is what the competition will look like when play resumes.

There’s fears only 10 teams will survive the lockdown.

Here is where every club sits financially, and why they will or won’t survive.

NRL clubs are facing the biggest financial crisis since the second world war.

The coronavirus pandemic has already shut down the 2020 season indefinitely, and now the question is what the competition will look like when play resumes.

There’s fears only 10 teams will survive the lockdown.

Here is where every club sits financially, and why they will or won’t survive.

The NRL wants a comp after this they will need to ensure the clubs survive, nothing changes the amount of players that are out there, they will need clubs to play for a 10 team comp will be a snooze fest.

It really is doom and gloom everywhere isn't it.

Hope everyone has paused their super investments or at least moved to them low risk!

Its a great time to call in any US stock and cash you were holding though.

That article has nothing. An Insult to our intelligence.

big leagues club empires like Penrith need a turnover of more than 100m a year in order to have $$ left over to run the team. That turnover is now gone. Manly and Souths for example don’t have this “overhead”, so won’t be dragged down by this. I almost feel sorry for parra, dogs, Penrith.

Our fate is in the hands of the owners who seem to be able to dig into their personal wealth to keep manly going. So that is the key for manly, that’s why I am never gonna speak ill of the penns who have done so much for us.

Last edited:
The NRL wants a comp after this they will need to ensure the clubs survive, nothing changes the amount of players that are out there, they will need clubs to play for a 10 team comp will be a snooze fest.

It really is doom and gloom everywhere isn't it.

Hope everyone has paused their super investments or at least moved to them low risk!

Its a great time to call in any US stock and cash you were holding though.

Danners, when stocks take a dive, and are at their low eb, that's the time to rip in and buy, as they'll go as a cycle goes and the net return for a medium to long term investor could be mint :)

ALL clubs will survive by NRL funding..by hook or by crook. The broadcast rights stipulate 8 games a week or no deal.

Danners, when stocks take a dive, and are at their low eb, that's the time to rip in and buy, as they'll go as a cycle goes and the net return for a medium to long term investor could be mint :)
If you have cash reserve yes, if you've just taken a $30k hit on your super it's not the time to crystallize the losses.

I'm lucky that most of my investment sits in offshore shares that have gone up in this time but my super is not looking great after I was slow to react

The US market just went up!
Big chunk of my stock.hit my ceiling sell.price then a huge chunk the investment sold to PE. Add the Aussie dollar weakness and I'm staring down the barrel of a tax bill from hell. Hoping the government announce a tax return free year

Well Richo from souths stood down to help out the club because 'his cost was one of the largest'

- He will continue as a consultant ... :rolleyes:

Richardson had intended to leave Souths at the end of next year, when his contract ran out

In recent months, Richardson has butted heads with chairman Nick Pappas, who admitted in an interview with the Herald last month he had offered Richardson an early termination of his contract.

Well Richo from souths stood down to help out the club because 'his cost was one of the largest'

- He will continue as a consultant ... :rolleyes:

Richardson had intended to leave Souths at the end of next year, when his contract ran out

In recent months, Richardson has butted heads with chairman Nick Pappas, who admitted in an interview with the Herald last month he had offered Richardson an early termination of his contract.

Shane Richardson just resigned

Greenberg has come out and said exactly what we have all said - that Parra, the Dogs and Panthers are all at far more risk of folding than Manly and the Gold Coast because their football clubs are financed by their licensed clubs that may not trade in the way they used to for years. Manly and Gold Coast are have private ownership and far leaner and more economical cost structures so are in a good position to survive. Complete opposite of what those fools Kent and Rothfield say. Absolute brainless idiots those two.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4