Why do you like the Manly Sea Eagles?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player said:
Growing up in Northern NSW have no geographical tie to Manly but 1st game of League I ever watched in about 1974 Manly beat ST George so have followed them ever since.

Uki?

Utility Player said:
globaleagle said:
Utility Player said:
Growing up in Northern NSW have no geographical tie to Manly but 1st game of League I ever watched in about 1974 Manly beat ST George so have followed them ever since.

Uki?
Lismore, What business does your family run?

Ge's hat and pineapple stand. Purveyors of fine elephant pelts.

Had never taken much interest(or seen, heard ) in NSWRL, Was always a born and bred Brisbane Easts supporter. Listened to the '77 gf and became interested. Always loved G.
Eadie playing for Australia, and the first televised game I watched was Manly v Easts- Manly won, Manly Maroon/white(same as QLD), Graham Eadie and my love was born.

Born Manly Hospital.

Lived in Narrabeen all my life until 1988. Played Rugby Union for the Narrabeen Tigers before switching to play Rugby League for the Narrabeen Sharks for 14 seasons. The whole family are diehard Eagles supporters, I had no choice really.

I guess I got lucky.

globaleagle said:
Utility Player said:

Uki?

My wife is a born & bred Tyalgum girl.

Did you know that the great Uki Pub was burnt down last year........a real tragedy.

I was hatched not born! ;)

Spent my early years in Forestville. My Dad & older brother already went for Manly & so did my mates at Forestville public so it was no brainer.

Fav player in the early '80s was Phil Blake, '90s Cliffy, '00s Menzies, fav player now K Foz :)

globaleagle said:
Utility Player said:
globaleagle said:
Utility Player said:

Uki?
Lismore, What business does your family run?

Hehe

Hey GE, what the??? I just noticed your tipping position (I normally login via mobile web which doesn't show it). Have you gone on a tipping winning streak lately mate??

Ralphie said:
Born Manly Hospital.

Lived in Narrabeen all my life until 1988. Played Rugby Union for the Narrabeen Tigers before switching to play Rugby League for the Narrabeen Sharks for 14 seasons. The whole family are diehard Eagles supporters, I had no choice really.

I guess I got lucky.

globaleagle said:
Utility Player said:

Uki?

My wife is a born & bred Tyalgum girl.

Did you know that the great Uki Pub was burnt down last year........a real tragedy.

IT WAS A TRAGEDY! I've spent many a time at that pub. It was sad to see a historic pub go down...and then catch fire again to finish it off!

I remember having to draw it when I was in PRIMARY school!

Tyalgum girls were/are hot. Way outta my league! Hubba Hubba!

Utility Player said:
Run by "Ma Ring" wasn't it

Just googled and Ma ran the one at Billinuddgle

Yup, Billinudgel. I know it well. A real institution...Ma as well as the pub!

Mals said:
I was hatched not born! ;)

Fav player in the early '80s was Phil Blake, '90s Cliffy, '00s Menzies, fav player now K Foz :)

globaleagle said:

Hehe

Hey GE, what the??? I just noticed your tipping position (I normally login via mobile web which doesn't show it). Have you gone on a tipping winning streak lately mate??

If you donate $50 to the site, Dan bumps you up 5 places!

Grew up overlooking Brookie Oval. Schooled across the road at Brookie Public school, so walked past the hallowed turf every morning and every afternoon. Then at Manly Boys' High so same story as a teenager. Still get that same chill up the spine.

Father was a Manly tragic since its inception. So can't remember ever not being a Manly tragic. Not a choice. Blood is blood. And blood is maroon.

Phil Blake is my reason. Followed the Dragons (dad supported them) until I was 6 or 7, then in 82, I saw Blake for the 1st time and that was it.

And every year, my passion for this great club gets stronger and stronger. I'm sure when I'm 80 and more senile than I am now, all I will be able to say is go Manly.

mmmdl said:
I'm sure when I'm 80 and more senile than I am now, all I will be able to say is go Manly.
Love it.
Future nursing home staff better have a big stack of Manly winning GF holograms or whatever we'll be watching in the fast forward. Our tally should have gone up nicely by then too.

For me it was when I saw this footy card. Eadie became my favourite player & Manly my club.

1974%20scanlens%20card%20201203220008.jpg

I don't think we've ever got that shade of maroon again but I loved it & still do.

This try did it for me as well. Go Manly!
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/Esjlcef_6TE[/video]

I love Graeme Eadie :heart:

We used to chant (to the tune of the Mickey Mouse Club - innocent times in the 70's)
Whose the leader of the Team that's made for you and me
G-R-A-E-M-E E-A-D-I-E
Graeme Eadie, Graeme Eadie
Forever hold our flags up high, high, high
Graeme Eadie, Graeme Eadie

Wombat was a freak, teenage talent, who got Manly to accept their destiny as the One and Only True Premiers :D

I saw Bob Fulton play for Manly on TV in the early 70's and thought that will be my team. Have followed them ever since but it wasn't until 2010 when i went to NZ with the MWTS and saw them play for the first time that the bug hit me. Now I am another tragic Manly supporter that gets to as many games as I can. There is no feeling like belonging to this great Club and all the Manly friends that have become like family to me. I love Manly..........and Choc.

Born in Newcastle 64.
Moved to Cessnock in 1970. My brother in about 71 or 72 got a Manly jumper because every other kid went for Saints or Souffs & he wanted to be better than them. We moved to Killarney Heights in 1973 ( wow what a step up from Cessnock hey) & my Sea Eagle following blood was purified from then on.

Got to say marga. I've never met you & don't know you from a grain of salt, but you really need to post more often. I really enjoy your posts.

Clint said:
Got to say marga. I've never met you & don't know you from a grain of salt, but you really need to post more often. I really enjoy your posts.

STALKER ALERT!!

I stole that joke from Kiwi Eagle. You can have it back now KE. lol

Used to get taken to games by the late Johnny Bliss' widow, school friend's father was Alan Thompson, was there any choice ?

Clint said:

Well thank you. Feel a bit out of my depth on here, but slowly getting the hang of it. Hopefully will get to meet some of you at a game one day. I am coming down for the game on Sunday so the ones I do know see you soon. :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2