Why do the refs put away the whistle for Origin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Why do the refs decide because its an origin and we need a good spectacle they decide to put away the whistle? last night there were only 5 penalties all game, none in the second half. Only penalties were blown for blatant ones.

Yet, if that had been a club game I bet there would have been 15-20 blown, 5 in a row on the goal line, and three sin bins.

Pull your heads in refs and cut back on the nitty gritty ones and focus on just the obvious blatant penalties and let the game flow and teams sort it out.

They'll just say the players know how important it is and actually follow the rules!

derp de derp

Why do the refs decide because its an origin and we need a good spectacle they decide to put away the whistle? last night there were only 5 penalties all game, none in the second half. Only penalties were blown for blatant ones.

Yet, if that had been a club game I bet there would have been 15-20 blown, 5 in a row on the goal line, and three sin bins.

Pull your heads in refs and cut back on the nitty gritty ones and focus on just the obvious blatant penalties and let the game flow and teams sort it out.
Well said feathered friend !

Mate im guessing its because state of origin is the pinnacle of rugby league and the hierarchy dont want stops and starts . Big crowds , massive telecast and so on , would be a disaster if this was to happen. The everyday weekend nrl doesn't get the fanfare of origin so these Muppets will do as they please to get sides up . You watch when the nitty gritty finals get to the backend , the penalties drop off . Ive noticed it year after year and these clowns just keep getting away with it . They have fuhked the game . Well thats how i see it anyway .

I agree; however, in NRL over 25 rounds you’ll find coaches and players pushing the boundaries to the point where the refs will have to start blowing the pea out of the whistle. I would think that it would last half a season before the line keeps creeping forward until we are way off course again.

It’s a hard balancing act to be fair. I think it is best somewhere in between for the regular season.

I agree; however, in NRL over 25 rounds you’ll find coaches and players pushing the boundaries to the point where the refs will have to start blowing the pea out of the whistle. I would think that it would last half a season before the line keeps creeping forward until we are way off course again.

It’s a hard balancing act to be fair. I think it is best somewhere in between for the regular season.
Yep. The scum for example would have a field day over the course of the season inventing even newer ways to cheat if they don't have enough already.
And the monkey see monkey do brigade like sticky and Arthur would follow suit.
For the 3 games that are the fastest of the year they let it go but over time the leniency gets rorted.

Wish they could ref that way for the typical nrl game. A lot more enjoyable to watch. Those nitty, nothing penalties have a huge influence over the match. Sometimes getting pinged 4 or 5 times in the space of 15 mins. You dont touch the ball, even if the opposition drops it, you still get penalized, players sinned binned etc. I cant stand it!

Last edited:
I actually saw a lot of moments during the game where refs would have pulled it up in a regular games.e.g
Marker defence, off side, head high, holding down in the Tackle, forward pass that leads to try etc.
...and yet what a great spectacle.
Greenturd's regulatory involvement with how the game should be refereed has only revealed himself to be a out of control pedantic imbecile.
Give Bill Harrigan more say how the game should be reffed.........is what I say

Whether it's us or the opposition It's not a level playing field when one team gets whistle blown off the park...put the Whistle away!

Manly v Warriors has the potential to be an awesome spectacle but Grenturd will make sure it isn't .
At the behest of Greenturd it will be a game of "arbitration"

I disagree - its not the refs who are making the call it comes from higher. When they don't tow the party line they get Chechined (works on 2 levels)

The game has become a farce... but what else do we watch?

I watch a lot of true crime stuff instead...or I’ve got the iPad out playing a game of some sort while the footy’s on, can’t give my full attention to an NRL match anymore, it’s not good for my blood pressure!

I watch a lot of true crime stuff instead...or I’ve got the iPad out playing a game of some sort while the footy’s on, can’t give my full attention to an NRL match anymore, it’s not good for my blood pressure!
Netflix is the answer... I’ve been smashing series on the iPad over the last couple of weeks. It’s been throwing my sleep patterns right off.

Tool Greedblurt tells them what to do every week in the NRL why should Origin be any different.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8