Why do 9 not go live on Sunday?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I hate delayed NRL games. I hate that Nein only show one live game per week ( if your in QLD it averages less than that due to DLS). What is wrong with going live at 3pm instead of delayed at 4pm? I know they can Jam some adds in to breaks in play but these days Rabs and co do enough adverts during play for the block. They get enough adds into the Friday live game as is and Sunday would be no different. Ok so they would have to fill an Hour before the news so maybe start the Sunday game at 3.30pm and have a half hour wrap up program to lead into the news or a highlights package of the footy show/Sunday roast/game highlights, who really give a toss what they show? Nein suck on so many fronts and if they at least showed the Sunday game live that would be one positive for them. Imagine showing the election coverage in a one hour delay or even the ashes. With the extra channels like GEM surely there is no excuse. We as a fan base get bent over by Nein every which way and I hate it.

BEER O"CLOCK!

Adds , Adds and then some adds .

Screw that , I watch it on fox at 6pm . If its gonna be delayed then might as well be add free and in HD too .

Of course if you don't have fox then you are at the mercy of the nein machine , and they don't give a stuff how and when you see it !

I do the same Daveagle. I love watching the game a 2nd time on one of the Fox replays, also being able to record it and watch whenever. BUT 9 just P..S me off.

And the only choice I have living in Canberra is either listening to the knobs on MMM or the idiots on ABC......

Simple reason why the game isn't live = each TV channel only cares about ratings - nothing else. I would prefer to watch the game as it happens but if they won't show it live then I refuse to watch it on their terms.

Live TV is a thing of the past for me. Get a PVR / DVR and record or live pause each show - then watch it when You want to watch it. Even if a game is live, I'll live pause it at the first add break and start watching again a few mins later so I don't ever watch the ads. We have the technology so I refuse to watch commercials if I don't have to. You need to ration your exposure to the web, tv and radio if you want to watch the game without spoilers but it is no difficult now than it's ever been before to not know the score if you really want to.

Whatever the reason, but can they get rid of Hadley and Fittler.....

Absolute cr@p

When games are live I choose to watch their ads at half time etc to say thanks for telecasting live. If it is delayed I record it and watch it when it suits me and watch NONE of the ads.

It's simple for me, live and I reward you, delay and **** You.

Because the hervey bay oz tag charity challenge was on today and didnt finish until after 3 so thwy qai r ed for me to get home

Dan said:
Because the hervey bay oz tag charity challenge was on today and didnt finish until after 3 so thwy qai r ed for me to get home
A little hard to understand the last few comments. i assume the beers were flowing at Hervey Bay.. :)

Normie said:
And the only choice I have living in Canberra is either listening to the knobs on MMM or the idiots on ABC......

How hard is it to call a good game??? i listened to MMM today, at times they are good, other times they annoy me. At one stage they were so busy introducing what is on MMM next that it wasn't until Manly was on there 3rd tackle they resumed calling the game.

Would normally just stream the coverage but had work to do so the radio was next best.

Nah no beers just typing on a phone with a toddler pulling at my arms

With all the stoppages in play they could at least start live and catch up all the adds when play stops. At least get close to live then we wouldn't stream and/or record and Nein still get the ratings.

The telecast runs for 120 minutes and the match runs for 80.

My degree in Maths tells me that's 40 minutes of ads. That's one third of the telecast on ads. The ratio of footy to ads is 2:1.

Anyway you look at it, it's p!ss poor and we should complain. Because they will change it instantly as we all know.

Channel 9 are a business and need to make a profit and lets not forget they have paid a large amount of $ for the rights. It is not ideal but we cannot have it all.

Garts said:
Channel 9 are a business and need to make a profit and lets not forget they have paid a large amount of $ for the rights. It is not ideal but we cannot have it all.
True. And fair enough.

BUT!!! If you go to a game from kick off to full time is close to 120min, the delayed telecast is 120min. So why not live?

manlyfan76 said:
BUT!!! If you go to a game from kick off to full time is close to 120min, the delayed telecast is 120min. So why not live?

Because people generally are out and about until 4 on a sunday. We areca slave to the almighty dollar

I hate the delayed games, espicailly sitting through a million ads.

What also annoys me is when im watching a delayed game and a mate will look up the score and tell me. Cant happen at a live game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4