Why did we buy Nate Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
disagree Snake in today's game players have to be able to attack and defend - bollocks to the calm head thing - I don't necessarily expect Myles to be as devastating an attack player like say Tamalolo but I do want him to break the line occasionally, which he used to do. as previously stated: past his prime that's the point of this thread
Lussick 11.34m per run
Tapau 9.56m per run
Vave 9.33m per run
Laurence 8.94m per run
Myles 8.88m per run
Josh Starling 8.72m per run
Jake 7.79m per run
I think he is doing his bit a player who does the hard work not the flash stuff. Darcy made most of his metres in one run running at a back up centre. Most of Tapaus running wide. Laurence and Vave against tiered defense. It is not by accident that the last 3 on the list have done it mostly start of the game against fresh defenders in the middle. lets compare apples with apples Myles is going fine!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly don't think that Myles has been that bad. He's been solid without being spectacular.

He's not here to be a Sam Burgess or $BW. Other than probably the DCE factor, he's here to provide veteran leadership that we lost when we didn't re-sign Willie. And if you listen to the other players, especially the young forwards like Jake, that is exactly what he's doing.

At his age I doubt he was signed for his ability to break the line and run 30 or 40 metres to set up a try. He's just there to do the tough stuff. Yes he's a plodder.....but most front rowers who are 30 or over are plodders, even Kingdog became a bit of a plodder towards the end.

I'm not sure what the expectation was for this guy. Can anyone here remember thinking over the last few years "wow, we're playing Titans this week, better keep an eye on Nate Myles" ?? I doubt it, as he's no SBW or Burgess obviously.

He is however a very experienced SOO player and you don't play 30 odd matches in that arena without having some sort of mojo. Does he bring that intensity to every week of the NRL ?? No, but not many SOO players do. What you hope is that he can go to that well when it is needed, draw on that experience, bring that toughness when it most matters. I personally didn't think he would blow the joint apart, that's what I'm hoping Kapow does, but I think he'll bring something to the table.

No I have observed your parents, there are strong similarities between them in action and Myles taking a hit up.
Oh the old use the parents comeback line is back in vogue again, i thought this style of comeback died in the early 90's or maybe it hasn't been killed off 1 hour West of Manly yet.

Hey TC is an 'adult search engine' the one your mum has without all those filters on it and those pesky passwords?
Yeah your Mum has been nagging me to set it up for her and store the downloaded content on a mirror site to increase the download speed for your viewing pleasure, as you both have the same tastes.

The only other reason I can come up with, whilst a little drunk watching F1, is that when the new hats came in there was one truly enormous f*cker, and someone in marketing thought "there's only one head that will fit this cap, and that's Nate Myles' massive head"....

So anyways the call went out to Bozo, who quietly stated that "no hat will be left unfilled: get me Myles' manager....STAT"!!

A couple of days later and Nate flew down to Sydney for a test fitting, and this ridiculously large hat just fit beautifully. So Nate, to his credit, decided that Bozo was right, and called up his missus to tell her that he was signing with Manly.

Neil Henry, as you'd expect, called up Nate and asked him what the Titans would have to do to at least match our offer. Nate turns around and says "four years of sunburn Neil. Four farken years....and these guys have got a hat that will fit my head Neil".

"You guys never got me a hat".

"Not in my contract, too expensive, custom made caps for massive heads you said".

"So I'm leaving Neil. You can have my old 30+ sunscreen Neil, cos I GOT A HAT THAT FITS NEIL"

And Neil was left, alone with a large bottle of coppertone, alone and thinking "hey, at least we got DCE off those bastards", never knowing that the bloke who was calling in the middle of the night just to laugh evilly down the line at him was in fact Bozo, reading through DCE's latest contract..

I think I'm done..

Giant dwarf has been ok. The powers that be would have been staring down the barrel of Starling, Broken Lawrence, Sao, Lui, Hasson and Jake as our prop line up for 2016 and thought "gee we need some starch up front" ... They did the right thing. I do wish they resigned Mason but oh well ...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8