Why did Lyon leave Parra?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I thought it was because Brian Smith made him play a game while his girlfriend/wife was ill about to miscarriage.

But reading the paper articles there's no mention of that. The line they’re using is he left the club without giving a reason to his team mates, which I’d find hard to believe.

From what I hear you are right Byso, Jamie was denied compassionate leave by Smith/Fitzy to be with his partner who was having issues during pregancy.

Im friends of someone who are very good friends of his parents. was talking to them about it when it was in the paper a few days ago and they said the only reason he left was because of brian smith,,,,,,,,,, i forgot about the his girlfriend was about to miscarriage, so didnt ask it that was it. I will ask them if that was the main reason when i see them again.

Cheers

But if so why isn't that mentioned or is the Manly club/ Lyon happy to have Parra fans think there is no good reason for him leaving?

Perhaps its a case of not stooping to Brian's level.

Its over now. The only thing you'll gain out of brining it all up is a **** fight.

they wouldnt listen now anyway, their hatred is there for the same reason my school mates hated manly, just because thats the way it is.

Im friends of someone who are very good friends of his parents. was talking to them about it when it was in the paper a few days ago and they said the only reason he left was because of brian smith,,,,,,,,,, i forgot about the his girlfriend was about to miscarriage, so didnt ask it that was it. I will ask them if that was the main reason when i see them again.

yeah he proably had major issues with smith before that but that is was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak

Cheers

But if so why isn't that mentioned or is the Manly club/ Lyon happy to have Parra fans think there is no good reason for him leaving?

Byso - if your missus had a miscarriage - would she or you want it plastered all over the media to alleviate what Parra fans or your club wanted as a reason? In my opinion, all he had to do was ask for compassionate leave for personal resons - which he did. If Brian Smith wouldn't allow that (or Dennis Fitzgerald) they could both go and get well stuffed.

Hard to know, unless your in that situation. I think I would if it got to far outa hand............Which it did.

Besides these things happen everyday. It's nothing to be ashamed of...........Except the Parra club for being a-holes.

theres a differnece between being ashamed of it and not wanting it shouted from the rooftops you idiot

I'm sure loosing a child is something that a mother and father would never ever forget for their entire life.

Like he wants it all over the front page of newspapers. Then to have it turned into a **** storm. Radio stations, TV programs all talking about whether its a good enough excuse to leave a club.

Then theres people who would think its stupid and the criticism and horrible things that would be said by people who bash retards.

The whole time his wife and himself are being reminded of losing a child.

I reckon I'd just cop the current abuse on the chin for the sake of my family. And if he is in fact doing that, then I take my hat off to him.

And it's not like he should make up a lie as to the reason he was leaving. He just kept his mouth shut. 100% the right thing to do.

It was reported to me at the time that Parra wouldn't give compassionate leave to Lyon whilst his partner was miscarrying. (I have experienced this and it is very hard at the time.)

Word was that partner was disgusted with Smith and that Jamie and Smith fell out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4