Why aren't Refs accountable!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
And why can't they adjudicate on forward passes?

So, what is the agenda? Give the leg ups to the areas we need to grow?

Melbourne needs a week off, so let them score a try with a blatant forward pass? That takes care of the South.

Shark won it last year, so let's give all the favours to Cowboys? That takes care of the North.

Nobody likes Manly, so let's stitch them up and say Walker was off side when he clearly wasn't. That takes care of the West.

What about the East? Oh hang on, they have been taken care of.

What sort of blatant bias are these guys running? Will they ever fix it? Do they want to fix it? Do they actually want the games decided by the teams on the field?

Is this not a farce of the highest order? There needs to be an investigation, but it just isn't going to happen is it?

The outrage is building.
If the Donkeys and Doesn'tmatta get stitched up by the Vidiots then that would pressure the NRL...
What am I saying?
Sorry, I forgot. These two teams are scripted to get all the breaks. Silly me.

#suetheNRLBunker make them ensure they are accountable. It happens in business and this is in effect a business to the owners. Why not??

You guys are reading too much into it. All these conspiracy theories and accusations of bias require co-ordination and collusion, some sort of reasonably sophisticated plan. Ever heard of Occams Razor ? - paraphrasing it means the simplest explanation is generally the correct one. Basically the current crop of officials are just incompetent bumbling fools who have been micro-managed out of being able to use any logic or judgement. They no longer understand the "game".

Even incompetent bumbling fools can clearly see Walker was onside, and Melbournes last pass was well over a metre forward... I suggest the pre game agenda was followed to a tee. The one thing they don't make a mistake with is the refs making sure they get the results they want.

Mate and i were just discussing this. How convenient for the NRL that the west of Sydney have both teams in the finals. An area struggling against the Afl. Both Qld teams and the one Melbourne team that magically seem to always be there. Oh and of course Politis and his team.

BODSHXm.gif

Even casual followers of the game can see trends emerging and becoming more and more obvious as the years roll on:
  • A suspicious run of "fairytale" premiership wins
  • Games having an increasingly "scripted" feel to them
  • Administrative inconsistencies (E.g. Watmough vs Matai / Stewart medical retirements; some players having minor penalties for bad behaviour whilst others being kept out for entire seasons etc.)
  • Judiciary incsonsistencies
  • Blatant scheduling favouritism for certain teams
  • Referees being shielded from scrutiny / consequences for bad calls
The NRL is being run to make money at this point. There is no desire to maximise fairness or consistency, just a desire to dupe gullible people into watching the TV each week to keep their ratings up.

Unfortunately there are only 2 ways out of this problem that I can see. Either:
  1. The current NRL administrators, especially the CEO, are sacked and replaced with people who actually care about the game.
  2. Fans of all the "forgotten clubs" band together in protest and boycott the NRL for a season.

So, why can't video refs call on a forward pass? They can call on an off side with certainty, but not a forward pass...?

It would probably be something to do with the physics of the ball being thrown backward when someone is moving forward. Sometimes a ball is thrown backward and travels forward, the only way to tell is to be right in line to see which way the hands are facing. This is too complicated for the bunker to work out.

But why can they only make a decision when there is a try? Either you try to enforce the rules for the entire match and the whole field, or not.
Blow Up The Bunker

Referees should be just as accountable as players and coaches.

To me, the best referee is the one who hardly gets noticed. Unfortunately these days the refs seem to believe they are personalities in their own right and the NRL seems to think they have to be a big part of the "show".

So now Barrett and Flannery get breach notices. These guys are surely taking the piss. They are a protected species with no one to answer to. So you just supposed to cop all this corruption sweet, and let the NRL sweep it under the carpet.

If I didn't love Manly so much, I would flip them all the bird, and never watch it again. It's a total farce, and beyond a joke!

So now Barrett and Flannery get breach notices. These guys are surely taking the piss. They are a protected species with no one to answer to. So you just supposed to cop all this corruption sweet, and let the NRL sweep it under the carpet.

If I didn't love Manly so much, I would flip them all the bird, and never watch it again. It's a total farce, and beyond a joke!

Clearly they are beyond contempt, in a class ( and world ) of their own.

Just watched the final 5mins of normal time of the Sharks v Cowboys clash

Can see why Flanagan blew up, you'd almost swear someone was in the refs ears asking for a grandstand finish

Fifita loses ball backwards between his legs, knock on
Cowboys player with a loose carry drops the pill, penalty Cowboys. Prior had his hand on the ball, but gets called loose carry 95% of the time
Get up the other end, Gallen does drop the ball, but there is a hand all over the ball, which is penalised most of the time, and if it was a penalty down the other end 2mins before it should have been down the other end too

Just watched the final 5mins of normal time of the Sharks v Cowboys clash

Can see why Flanagan blew up, you'd almost swear someone was in the refs ears asking for a grandstand finish

Fifita loses ball backwards between his legs, knock on
Cowboys player with a loose carry drops the pill, penalty Cowboys. Prior had his hand on the ball, but gets called loose carry 95% of the time
Get up the other end, Gallen does drop the ball, but there is a hand all over the ball, which is penalised most of the time, and if it was a penalty down the other end 2mins before it should have been down the other end too

I watched most of that game and you are dead right, everything and I do mean everything went one teams way.

I haven't , and probably won't , watch our game but it would appear the same happened.

If the 50/50's are even you'd cop it on the chin , when they are not you are spewing!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4