Why are we losing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

yazman78

It is not cause there is an attitude problem accross the team, but because our coach does not use the bench properly. In boxing, when you have your opponent on wobbly legs, you go for the knockout punch.

There has been a few games this season where we have had the opposition's measure in the forwards (Tigers, Eels, Titans, Raiders, Cowboys) and instead of knocking them out, we have let them back in the game. This is due to the bench not been used properly. The way Des is going at the moment is that he benches Perry and King after about 25 minutes, then brings them back on at around 35 minutes. Then no changes till around 50 minutes, and it is usually the 2 blokes who played in the first half.

Then at 60 minutes, our 3rd sub comes on, and 70 minutes the 4th. So really, we are only rotating 4 big boppers for 60 minutes whereas the opposition rotates almost their entire bench in the first half, and at more regularity.

We have an international class pack, and it is clear where the fitness problem lies. I sure hope that Des starts to use this well, and we start to kill of teams. The Panthers have a huge forward pack, but Elliot uses them wisely and subs them off regularly so they are kept fresh.

Having a fresher pack gives our halves more room to do their magic. If we start doing that, I am sure we will be back in the winners circle and can string a few together.

I have not given up hope and the season ain't over yet.

Cause our halves are about as creative as cheese on toast.
And we are missing 1 speed man. I assumed Farrar was quicker than he actually is. I thought he was odds on to catch Monaghan, as Monaghan is no speed machine. He couldn't even make up any ground.
Snake was a 12 point a game player for us, either in try's scored, or try's saved thru his blinding speed. We lack someone with that 40-50m burst of speed like Soward, Jennings, the titans back 3 etc.
Of the players in the article who are "Off contract" we could really do with and could hopefully fit in our cap I would like O'Donnell, Finch, Ferguson, or have a real good crack at Wade Graham.

Dazzler's use of the bench is piss poor at best. When your forwards are old and slow you need to maximise  bench use. Dazzler's efforts this year bench wise smells of someone trying to prove his team is fit, when clearly they aren't. His use of Buhrer would've been hilarious if it wasn't so sad,

His bench rotation is very average because the wrong guys are there in the first place. The bench should be - Rose, Cross, Galuvao and TRex. Cross in for Perry, Kite to start and Hoppa on the wing, TRex on the bench. You could use all 17 players in the first half and our bug boppers would get a decent rest period.

Dessie obviously uses his bench as the statitics tell him to at training. Those little patches around the body have told him that his big fellas can run 25 minutes before slowing up.

Another good reason NOT to rely on stats. They ain't working here!

We are losing because our opposition is scoring more points than us. When we have Snake & Wolf back, we will score more points.

We are losing because our attitude is poor. We are making silly errors that are killing us. Saturday classis example 3 errors, 3 tries. If those 3 errors were not made we would have won the game.

That pretty much sums it up MPC I agree.

MPC link said:
We are losing because our attitude is poor. We are making silly errors that are killing us. Saturday classis example 3 errors, 3 tries. If those 3 errors were not made we would have won the game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4