[Resurrected] Who's a better fulback - Latrell Mitchel or Tom Turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TBH this question doesn't even need to be asked. Hell, even Souffs fans would know that Turbo is a much better fullback.
Truth be known- Tom is the Best FB in the game if he If he can string a few games together....just a freak and potentially a 1 off player ppl still talk about in 200 years

Truth be known- Tom is the Best FB in the game if he If he can string a few games together....just a freak and potentially a 1 off player ppl still talk about in 200 years

I don't know about 200 years because I don't have a DeLorean and I'm no soothsayer. But I agree he is the best fullback in the game, even better than Tedesco. But whenever they are in the same rep side together (because I can't see them ever being club team mates), Tom's versatility in being able to play the three-quarters equally as well will pretty much always see him as the one playing out of position because Tedesco is only a fullback.

Turbo is our modern day Rowdy Shearer. Best position is fullback but because of he speed, skill and ability to play other positions he'll rarely play rep footy with the #1 on his back.

Last edited:
Tom is the most dangerous player we have by a country mile. I love his desire to get involved in the body smashing but without him we are pretty lacklustre as a team. His speed or his body shape will be affected by the demands .

Teddys danger is in his selectiveness. He picks his gaps
Turbo is just get out of the way. He makes gaps

I worry that turbos career will be affected by injury because of the need for him to make something out of nothing too often.

if he gets a good team around him long term he will be better than all of them. Slater was so good because of the sneaky **** he shared with his playmakers,

I think the lockdown will be great for players like tom

Slater rates Tom as the number one fullback in the game at present. His top five @ 11:18

1. Turbo
2. Teddy
3. RTS
4. Ponga
5. Gutho

Gutherson (oops the King) at 5........lolol. For me he's behind Nicole-Klokstad, Papenhuyzen, Thompson, Brimson to name a few.

This thread is hilarious. Mitchell is not a fullback let alone worthy of being compared to the best full back in the game.

Even an ex storm player is unable to hide the blatantly obvious any longer;

Two-time premiership-winning great Billy Slater has named Tom Trbojevic the game's best fullback over James Tedesco, despite the latter enjoying arguably one of the best-ever individual seasons in 2019.

Tedesco was crowned Dally M Medalist, Players' Champion, State of Origin's Wally Lewis Medal, NSW's Brad Fittler Medal, the Kangaroos' Harry Sunderland Medal as well as claiming Roosters' player of the year.

Beyond the accolades, Tedesco scored the heroic try that sealed the Blues' 2019 State of Origin victory, and crossed for the vital four-pointer that helped the Roosters edge out the Raiders in the grand final.

Tedesco's rein as the game's current best player would rarely be argued against.

However, whilst admitting it's like "splitting hairs" Slater has boldly declared Trobjevic the NRL's premier fullback, despite the Manly superstar having an injury-interrupted 2019 season.

"His [Trbojevic] development over the last 12 to 18 months has been exceptional," Slater told Wide World of Sports' Breaking The Game.

"He's battled some injuries through that time but the way he started this season, not only with the ball in hand, but his ability to defend.

"He's saved, I dare say, the most tries in the first two rounds of 2020. He's got size, speed, strength and he's got skill. I just love when he senses an opportunity, he smells blood, he'll come from anywhere.

"He'll go down short sides, he'll get the ball from dummy-half - he doesn't care where he gets the ball he knows he's the most dangerous player on the field.

"When he's in that frame of mind he's very hard to stop."

It's a bold statement from one of the game's best-ever fullbacks, and a player who revolutionised the role completely.

Although naming Trbojevic the game's most dominant custodian, Slater acknowledged how drastically Tedesco had evolved his game since arriving at the Roosters and helping guide the side to two successive premierships.

"His development over the last 24 months at the Roosters just shows how important having good players around and what that can do for you and your career," Slater said.

"He's created a great passing game. He's got a fast catch-pass. But it's his running game, he can beat an opponent. So, hard to not put him at number one."

Here are the stats for the fullbacks that have played 3 games so far ....

P Sami ... 36 runs .... 375 m
V Holmes ... 38 runs .. 548m
L Mitchell ... 19 runs .. 184 m
J Tedesco .. 58 runs .. 727 m
Gutherson .. 51 runs .. 548 m
J Isaako .. 36 runs .. 318m

Pick the odd one out ....

If/when Mitchell reverts to centre, Souths will have an impressive (& fast) backline
  1. Johnston
  2. Gagai
  3. Roberts
  4. Mitchell
  5. Graham
  6. Walker
  7. Reynolds

There was a period in the first half last night where Mitchell swapped with Johnston to have a spell on the wing.

I've never heard of a first grade fullback doing that?

Mitchell was also too busy scuffling with Flanagan in backplay to defend against the try Friend walked in late in the game.

Interestingly, Johns said he thought Mitchell's second half was much better & that he played with a lot of "...um...ah...urrrr....emotion?" when Erin asked him, while Gallen was still adamant Mitchell is no fullback.

Mitchell was also too busy scuffling with Flanagan in backplay to defend against the try Friend walked in late in the game.

Interestingly, Johns said he thought Mitchell's second half was much better & that he played with a lot of "...um...ah...urrrr....emotion?" when Erin asked him, while Gallen was still adamant Mitchell is no fullback.

How was his newest late shot a try scorer ... bloke is a tool ..

Also ... given some of Braith's comments ... he is a fanboi ..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4