Who'd make another teams run on side.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jerry1

First Grader
Looking at our sides current form made me wonder who could get a permanent run in a top eight team other than Manly.

DCE
Garrick
Saab
Koula
Paseka
Jake
Turbo (if fit)
Schuster (if fit).

Who am I missing?

On current form

DCE
Olakau'atu
Jake
might make the bottom 4 teams.
But seeing how we're rapidly heading towards bottom 4 then all of them will be soon.

Haumole- Yes
DCE - Yes
Garrick - Yes (lucky he is a quality goal kicker)
Saab - Some
Koula - Wallabies only, very few NRL sides.
Paseka - Bottom 6 sides only
Jake - Yes
Turbo (if fit) - even on 1 leg
Schuster (if fit) - meh
Aloia - most (pity its ours)

all of them if they played like they did against Melbourne ..

None of them if they play like they did on Friday night ...

What makes Great players is that they play Great consistently
And not just one Great game wonders
Consistent Performers make Premiership Winners

Corey Waddell was given a pasting on ST when he was here and he's a starting second rower for the Bulldogs, who have as many wins as we do this season.

Plenty of our current squad would make the starting side at another squad if they played well enough.

Corey Waddell was given a pasting on ST when he was here and he's a starting second rower for the Bulldogs, who have as many wins as we do this season.

Plenty of our current squad would make the starting side at another squad if they played well enough.

don't rate him at all but his last two games have been the best I have seen him play. He would walk into our starting side on that recent form.

I wonder what position on the table we would be in today
if Wayne Bennet would be coaching us with his different game philosophy, game plan team motivation and team selections ?

I found this Inspirational footy coach quote
A GREAT COACH WILL IMPACT
MORE YOUNG PEOPLE IN A YEAR
THAN AN AVERAGE PERSON DOES IN A LIFE TIME .

Bennet acceding all expectations and over achieving with his new team on NRL debut

Waynes Magic Bamboozles the Sharks on Magic round

Last edited:
How would all you guys and ladies like to get paid half a mil a year to be an NRL coach just to offer excuses ?

Great job for those lucky to get it

DCE
Turbo (fit)
Jake
Olakau'atu
Paseka
Garrick
Saab
Schuster (fit)
Sipley
Bullemor
Koula

It's only really hooker, one centre, and maybe a prop away from being where we need to be. Everything else is just about getting guys back to their best.

Tuilagi is woeful at the moment but he is playing well below his potential. Keppie and Aloiai just need consistency, at their best they belong in first grade.

Burbo is close to where he needs to be.

Croker and Parker are park footballers. I don't have any real hope for us as long as they are both in the 17. TBH if I were Siebold I'd be moving DCE to 9 and trying to sign Sam Walker or Kyle Flanagan to play 7 until Fainu is ready.

DCE
Turbo (fit)
Jake
Olakau'atu
Paseka
Garrick
Saab
Schuster (fit)
Sipley
Bullemor
Koula

It's only really hooker, one centre, and maybe a prop away from being where we need to be. Everything else is just about getting guys back to their best.

Tuilagi is woeful at the moment but he is playing well below his potential. Keppie and Aloiai just need consistency, at their best they belong in first grade.

Croker and Parker are park footballers. I don't have any real hope for us as long as they are both in the 17. TBH if I were Siebold I'd be moving DCE to 9 and trying to sign Sam Walker or Kyle Flanagan to play 7 until Fainu is ready.
A few hard truths there feathered friend
In that list we also have some world elite class players DCE , Turbo , Jake, Olakauatu
Some clubs are lucky to have one elite player . The Dolphins could not sign one
We also have some young players on that list with enormous potential

The moral of the story....
It is not what we have but what we do with what we have

164a0b0047b379ed3f8f693bf4c795c7

The way I see it is that we have half a team of genuine first grade players at full strength. Take out Turbo, Jake & Schuster & we are basically running on empty. Add to the mix a rooky coach & I'm not really hopeful we can do any better than we are currently.

The way I see it is that we have half a team of genuine first grade players at full strength.
its not what we have but what we do with what we have feathered friend

At the end of the season all coaches get a report card

A coach will either over achieve or underachieve

Koula - Wallabies only, very few NRL sides.
Agree with this. All I've seen from Koula so far is potential, with very little end product. Yes, he's fast, and he's willing in defence, but he's not exactly a try-scoring machine and is still prone to defensive lapses. He has a lot to learn. That said, he's also our best option at centre…

Last edited:
According to the media (and depending on their deadlines...)

Every player...every team

Based on current form...

Broncos - Turbo wing
Rabbitohs - Turbo centre, Olakau'atu backrow
Panthers - Turbo wing, Olakau'atu backrow
Sharks - Turbo centre, Olakau'atu backrow, Jake prop
Dolphins - Turbo centre, Olakau'atu backrow, Jake prop
Storm - Turbo wing, Olakau'atu backrow
Raiders - Turbo centre, DCE halfback, Olakau'atu lock
Roosters - Turbo centre, Olakau'atu backrow

DCE
Turbo (fit)
Jake
Olakau'atu
Paseka
Garrick
Saab
Schuster (fit)
Sipley
Bullemor
Koula

For me its
Fill in the blanks...

1.trbojevic
2.saab
4.koula
5.garrick
7.cherry evans
8.paseka
10.trbojevic
11.olakauatu

16.tuilagi
17.bullemor

Agree with this. All I've seen from Koula so far is potential, with very little end product. Yes, he's fast, and he's willing in defence, but he's not exactly a try-scoring machine and is still prone to defensive lapses. He has a lot to learn. That said, he's also our best option at centre…
It's the way we use him in my opinion. At the moment he is just used for yardage out of our end. That and he plays outside haumole. Who we know is a devastating ball runner. Ball rarely gets to him in space. I think siebold should seriously consider switching him and parker around. All teams attack predominately to the left, he could make a lethal combo with Garrick. Remember all the times Parker has made breaks / half breaks with the space he has found himself in at times over the last few years only not to really take advantage of it. Right centres are meant to be the most Defensively sound for obvious reasons, parker fits that bill. It's a no brainer in my opinion

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4