Who won the Grand Final?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
That's right we did, didn't we? You wouldn't know it if you read the papers. It's all been about Hasler's move to Belmore, the Stewart bros feud with Gallop, Hoppa and family going west, Bad blood between the hierachy, Peters peters and it just goes on and on.

FFS We've just won the GF, but all you read in the media is all this negative BS.

I bet the our major sponsor is happy:s

Our front office has been a shambles for a few years now and it needs to be fixed up ASAP. What happened to the days when Arko was running the joint? When he was around any rumblings within the club stayed inhouse. Seems to me just about every senior official and owners have had their say in the media.

Why not STFU and get on with running the joint or not only will we lose Hasler but we may lose a fair few players aswell. If that happens you can kiss the club GOODBYE!

Well said swoop.

We are the premiers, and that is all that matters.

Ceagle said:
Blame the papers for all this bull****, none of it is our fault.

Where do you think they get the info? I don't agree what Brett and Glenn did on GF, it should of been sorted out ages ago and it just negative after negative.

Yes. We should be lauded for upholding the good name of Australia in our win over the Kiwis. We are the pride of Australian rugby league.

Geez I am excited about our future, despite all the doom and gloom that is here.

Imagine having a side good enough to win without our co-caption and No 1 prop, Kingy. Also no Wolfman and not finding room for quality players like Lussick, Oldfield, Robinson and Whare.

We are a huge chance of going back to back, and should be talking this up.

The media is massively beating this all up, The club has stated to the press Des will be there in 2012 and Negotiations on extending past this are ongoing... There is obviously a media Vandetta against our club but we need to look past it.

What else do we want from the club? As soon as a decision is made i am sure the club will come out with a statement either way it's not like the club or des will go to the media and say what they are discussing....

We should be focusing on being premiers.

[/quote]

I don't agree what Brett and Glenn did on GF, it should of been sorted out ages ago and it just negative after negative.
[/quote]

I don't agree with what Brett and Glenn did on GF day either. They shook his hand. They should have said what they wanted to say without offering their hand.

I don't agree what Brett and Glenn did on GF, it should of been sorted out ages ago and it just negative after negative.
[/quote]

I don't agree with what Brett and Glenn did on GF day either. They shook his hand. They should have said what they wanted to say without offering their hand.
[/quote]
Penn said that he was going to get a meeting organised between gallop and the stewarts, it should of been done and dusted ages ago instead it has detracted from our GF win.

Get over yourselves. What did you all expect? Nobody likes us. Do we care? No.... That's why we win. Us against them all.

swoop said:

[/quote]
Penn said that he was going to get a meeting organised between gallop and the stewarts, it should of been done and dusted ages ago instead it has detracted from our GF win.

[/quote]

Not in my eyes it hasn't. If it has in the eyes of other team supporters, the media or anyone else I couldn't really give a sh*t. I will support the Stewarts even if they never let it end.

bones said:
swoop said:

[/quote]

Not in my eyes it hasn't. If it has in the eyes of other team supporters, the media or anyone else I couldn't really give a sh*t. I will support the Stewarts even if they never let it end.
[/quote]

I support the stewarts, but you're missing the point. There should have been a meeting WELL BEFORE GF day whether the outcome was resolved or not. We should be talking about the GF win. Instead we are copping it from all quarters.

swoop said:
bones said:
swoop said:

[/quote]

I support the stewarts, but you're missing the point. There should have been a meeting WELL BEFORE GF day whether the outcome was resolved or not. We should be talking about the GF win. Instead we are copping it from all quarters.
[/quote]

I don't care if they never have a meeting to sort it out. Manly proved they can win the comp without that meeting occurring. It probably was used as motivation. I have been talking about the Grand Final and enjoying the week. What others do doesn't particularly bother me. In fact, it is really annoying people so much that we won the premiership and I am glad. I like it when people are annoyed at Manly's success. I hope they lose plenty of sleep over it. I hope it affects their lives... And not in a good way.

The media would have had all that rubbish lined up before we even won the game. Whatever Brett and Glenn did would have been criticised, it was a lose/lose situation for them in the eyes of the media.

gallop should just man up and do what needs doing - apologise. He has zero respect from most of the league community and will not get any until he puts his biases aside. It is his job to earn the respect of the community not Brett and Glenn's responsibilty to hand it to him on a platter. Maybe he can get his buddy paul k*nt to work with him on it.

bob dylan said:
Geez I am excited about our future, despite all the doom and gloom that is here.

Imagine having a side good enough to win without our co-caption and No 1 prop, Kingy. Also no Wolfman and not finding room for quality players like Lussick, Oldfield, Robinson and Whare.

We are a huge chance of going back to back, and should be talking this up.

No way talk it up. We should stay very quiet and slip back under the radar. Have all the so called expert knobs write us off before next season starts and then BLOW THEM ALL AWAY AGAIN. Imagine the hatred if we pulled off another one next year. These media clowns surely will have run out of angry pills by then.

bones said:
swoop said:
bones said:
swoop said:

[/quote]

I don't care if they never have a meeting to sort it out. Manly proved they can win the comp without that meeting occurring. It probably was used as motivation. I have been talking about the Grand Final and enjoying the week. What others do doesn't particularly bother me. In fact, it is really annoying people so much that we won the premiership and I am glad. I like it when people are annoyed at Manly's success. I hope they lose plenty of sleep over it. I hope it affects their lives... And not in a good way.
[/quote]

I don't care if they never sort it out either, but why start the fued all over again. They should have said nothing imo.

I think it's getting to the point where the Stewarts are putting their personal vendetta ahead of the club's best interests. Have a meeting with Gallop in the off season and take a lawyer. We all know this muppet will just be more antagonized by what took place on the podium and will gleefully accept the next opportunity to punish us. He already has the incoming commission in his back pocket too I see.

Matabele said:
I think it's getting to the point where the Stewarts are putting their personal vendetta ahead of the club's best interests. Have a meeting with Gallop in the off season and take a lawyer. We all know this muppet will just be more antagonized by what took place on the podium and will gleefully accept the next opportunity to punish us. He already has the incoming commission in his back pocket too I see.

I can't believe I agree with you again.

It does hAs to stop at some point however if I was in Bretts shoes Sunday I don't think I could have beenso controlled.

This kids name has been dragged through mud and gallop was the first leave him high and dry then we hear he has coffee with that alco carney. I personally will be back Brett on this forever he was wronged in the worst possible of ways.

Yes he was wronged but at what point does pursuing it become Pyrrhic beyond he Stewarts, to the detriment of the Manly community. I think it's getting to that point.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4