Who will we miss the most in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i don think we will miss much either, foran and walker were both responsible for at least 2 missed 1 on 1 tackles per game, i was of the opinion walker clogged the attack when he came on, we had 2 great ball playing halves and with good coaching and structured attacking plays they were wasted, Walker was first or second receiver more than them once on the field, i dont think foran was ever in a game for 80 minutes either , he had plenty of quiet times which forced dce to over play his hand or try the hail mary plays , taupau was terrible so no loss there

foran. pre jerseygate when we were in the hunt it was on the back of foran. our biggest regret is that forans 2022 and toms 2021 didnt align.forans 2021 was solid but he led, was hungry and committed in 2022

eventually player unrest hit an all time low, but fozs early season contract issues and schusters manager talk were telling early ripples IMO. we should have offered him a job after footy as a halves coach to keep him instead of johns and work it out. make schuster, foran and dce fight it out. what a luxury in the modern game

surely the 400k and 2 years employment subject to wink wink could have been arranged. recruitment blunder of the decade in my view. 400k for what foran gave the side was buy of the century on and off field and he seemed to have respect from all. it seems the squad is looking for such a man, the BK Type, which he was last season

The obvious answer is Turbo.
If he comes back and plays the season we're laughing, if not we will miss him more than all the other losses combined.

We'll defintely miss Foz. People are saying he is old and best days are behind him. Its funny because DCE is in fact older than foran. I bet 50% of manly fans didnt know that.

Walker, his energy when he came on was instrumental in us winning matches or staying competitive.

Goodbye Foran, don’t let the karma door hit you on the way out. Those that think he was the messiah have short memories. This guy was one of the key factors to us going from premierships to spoon contenders. Him throwing a tanty because Gift and Matai weren’t offered extensions was the counter piece to our downfall.

When Arko was running the club, no players were bigger that the club. No players held us to ransom, no players disagreed with the Manly way.

Beaver speaks of this a lot, he tells of the club telling the players what it wants not the players telling the club what they want.

When we fix this, we fix the club. Fck Foran, and all the bull**** he gave us over the last 10 years.
Apart from all that, do you still like Foran? I guess you do, you said so.

Apart from all that, do you still like Foran? I guess you do, you said so.
He was my favourite player in the Manly colours back in the day.

When he left, I couldn’t stand him. Parra colours look terrible on anyone.

When he returned I liked him once more, maroon suits everyone.

Now he’s gone again in some horrible jersey, so one again, I can’t stand him.

The obvious answer is Turbo.
If he comes back and plays the season we're laughing, if not we will miss him more than all the other losses combined.
If I was a school teacher, I would have you read the opening thread again and quickly you would find Tom is not an option and would only be applicable, if he was leaving Manly. :wait:

i don think we will miss much either, foran and walker were both responsible for at least 2 missed 1 on 1 tackles per game, i was of the opinion walker clogged the attack when he came on, we had 2 great ball playing halves and with good coaching and structured attacking plays they were wasted, Walker was first or second receiver more than them once on the field, i dont think foran was ever in a game for 80 minutes either , he had plenty of quiet times which forced dce to over play his hand or try the hail mary plays , taupau was terrible so no loss there

I loved Walkers effort last year but agree 100% at times he stuffed our attack. Died with the ball way too much.

If I was a school teacher, I would have you read the opening thread again and quickly you would find Tom is not an option and would only be applicable, if he was leaving Manly. :wait:
I took the gamble you aren't a school teacher - got lucky I guess :)

Wasn't trying to be smart really, I just don't think we'll miss any of the former players
(or mods) @:D
Not often I would agree with the mighty SER8 but I certainly do in this instance and want to acknowledge it. i.e. not missing him as a former Mod.
Due to his inherent fragility ( un Manly like I must say) he has apparently put me on ignore as I challenge him from time to time. Kind of like how Kevin Rudd complains about the Murdoch. Oh the the pain!

PS. I know @Woodsie is missing you immensely mate. I mean the banter not the pretence like civility. :) but each to their own. Just wanted to point out that I can actually agree with you mate..

1672705265927.jpeg

Actually thought that Davey may have been well worth keeping for another season , taking into account retaining someone like Boyle a bit problematic with his extensive run with injuries . Looks like the retention grouping can see something worthwhile in Condon and Tuilagi a type of marquee signing but Davey was fairly consistent last season with good input . Foz and Walker still quality players , of course they will be missed. just how well some of the emerging players can fill the void will be the or a big test .

Actually thought that Davey may have been well worth keeping for another season , taking into account retaining someone like Boyle a bit problematic with his extensive run with injuries . Looks like the retention grouping can see something worthwhile in Condon and Tuilagi a type of marquee signing but Davey was fairly consistent last season with good input . Foz and Walker still quality players , of course they will be missed. just how well some of the emerging players can fill the void will be the or a big test .
Agree with you on Davey though, thought he would of at least have one more good year in him...oh well, not to be.

I was going to say Morgan Boyle but I was relieved to hear he was recently resigned.
Best bench warmer in the game imo….

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4