Who will we miss the most in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
2023 LOSSES
Andrew Davey (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Sione Fainu (Wests Tigers), Kieran Foran (Gold Coast Titans), Jorge Taufua (Wakefield Trinity), Dylan Walker (New Zealand Warriors)

Running through the list I feel this way....

Davey - Reliable, likeable and hard working, but not a star edge and the youngsters we have are better options.
Fainu - Mobile and powerful young forward - till will tell, but retaining Latu and Samuela is way Bigger imo. and Samuela could be the biggest suprise packet, rated as an absolute gun and I expect to see him push for selection in 2023.
Foran - Huge fan of this competitive leader, but his best is in the past and I really see more upside with young Schu getting the 6 in 2023 and moving forward will miss his experience, but understand the call 100%.
Taufua - Been a great Manly man, but has been a strong NSW cup standard wing in recent times and career move to England was best for him and us - but wish him well, always gave his best !
Walker - There have been mixed opinions on Walker, but i thought he has been near our best on many occasions in the past 2 years....his input off the bench added much spark and enthusiasm, need 1 or 2 rookies to step up or a big loss.
Taupau - Ambles up slowly always looking for risky offloads and his intimidation from a bloke who at 1 time had every forward scared, is long gone....defence was poor and lazy often, played like a bloke not interested for a while now and happy to say goodbye.

What's the opinions of fellow Silvertails and whether they are the same or opposite to mine, absoluely sweet as always respect others opinions on here and makes for healthy debate.

Last edited:
The missing past perspective ....

We should not count our Losses

We should count our Blessing and Opportunities

and we have been blesssed with some young up and coming and new players contributing to our new 2023 direction from our new coaching staff that was needed

Last edited:
Des

1672543266419.png

2023 LOSSES
Andrew Davey (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Sione Fainu (Wests Tigers), Kieran Foran (Gold Coast Titans), Jorge Taufua (Wakefield Trinity), Dylan Walker (New Zealand Warriors)

Running through the list I feel this way....

Davey - Reliable, likeable and hard working, but not a star edge and the youngsters we have are better options.
Fainu - Mobile and powerful young forward - till will tell, but retaining Latu and Samuela is way Bigger imo.
Foran - Huge fan of this competitive leader, but his best is in the past and I really see more upside with young Schu getting the 6 in 2023 and moving forward will miss his experience, but understand the call 100%.
Taufua - Been a great Manly man, but has been a strong NSW cup standard wing in recent times and career move to England was best for him and us - but wish him well, always gave his best !
Walker - There have been mixed opinions on Walker, but i thought he has been near our best on many occasions in the past 2 years....his input off the bench added much spark and enthusiasm, need 1 or 2 rookies to step up or a big loss.
Taupau - Ambles up slowly always looking for risky offloads and his intimidation from a bloke who at 1 time had every forward scared, is long gone....defence was poor and lazy often, played like a bloke not interested for a while now and happy to say goodbye.

What's the opinions of fellow Silvertails and whether they are the same or opposite to mine, absoluely sweet as always respect others opinions on here and makes for healthy debate.
Tedesco. We can never tackle him!

Ok, I don't think we'll miss anyone. Young blokes to step up and fresh coaching regime to freshen things up.

Walker, his energy when he came on was instrumental in us winning matches or staying competitive.

Goodbye Foran, don’t let the karma door hit you on the way out. Those that think he was the messiah have short memories. This guy was one of the key factors to us going from premierships to spoon contenders. Him throwing a tanty because Gift and Matai weren’t offered extensions was the counter piece to our downfall.

When Arko was running the club, no players were bigger that the club. No players held us to ransom, no players disagreed with the Manly way.

Beaver speaks of this a lot, he tells of the club telling the players what it wants not the players telling the club what they want.

When we fix this, we fix the club. Fck Foran, and all the bull**** he gave us over the last 10 years.

I don't think we have a similar type of player to walker (that roaming middle but also can covers backline) although in saying that, seibs may not be looking for someone to cover that role

I actually think Foran will miss Manly more than we will miss him. In all his seasons at Manly (except debut year) he played in 19 or more matches. His best out of the maroon and white was 17 with the Warriors.
The Right edge from Left field perspective that adds up - I like it ...

I think Foran and walker didn’t win us any games last year, so I’m not gonna miss them. They took us to 10th.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4