Who will stand up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Keeping the conversation going for next year... who will stand up and announce themselves as a star? Not naming the obvious AFB, Jake Marty and Turbo etc
My key players are Sipley to stamp himself as a top 1st grader.
Gosiewski to have a breakout and consistent year.
Keppie to continue to show us his mental and physical toughness.
Walker to carve up.
Cust once given an opportunity to be a real X factor
Suli to be consistently damaging out wide. I would have Fainu on my list too if he is cleared to play.
And I expect similar to this year that whoever is called upon will step up and make it hard for Des to name only 17 each week.
Ladder position: 3rd
Dally M: Turbo

I think Keppie is going to be a special player , but sadly I’ve said that before ( Blake Leary and Matt Parcell so clearly I know ****) and been wrong but I reckon he’ll be pushing for a permanent bench spot in 2020.

Guocamole has the ability....will be down to building confidence, running hard before thinking offload and breaking into the 17 early....also think Schuster, though only a rookie is that damn good could shine in his debut season....as for stepping into that tough guy intimidate type role - agree with Mark’s selection above - young Keppie....a no nonsense throwback from the 80’s style forward

Corey Waddell (but he only gets a chance when another second rower is injured at the moment doesn't he? - Corey should be eyeing off Joel's spot.)

Paseka - C'mon man, check out how big you are!!!!

Sipley - Was going very well until 'the' injury.

Moses suli - Tis time young Padawan

Sam Smith - I don't know too much about the big centre so maybe not a break out year. Depends on Parker or suli getting hurt which isn't something I wish on any non storm player.

Last year we had the best run of NO injuries to our forward pack in history ...... I think from memory we had the same props and back 3 for all but 2 of the first 22 games ...

Whilst this was fantastic .... it made for few opportunites for the back-ups .... It will be unlikely we will be so lucky 2 years in a row ... but I now believe we have the depth of quality players with potential to make an impact ....

My 2 predictions for breakouts are Keppie and Guacomole ........

I see continued improvement from Paseka, Sipley, Waddell GoJetski and Boyle and all will do their jobs when called upon ....

Last edited:
Cust playing hooker will be a winner.
Walker to have his best ever season and playing 5/8.
Guacomole to be first forward to start if injury to back three forwards.
Schuster to get a run early in the season and play so well he can't be dropped.

Sipley would be my tip. Massive body that is very hard to handle. If not for his injury last year he really would of kicked on. After a full off season he will be raring to go for his break out season
And has the desire , respect and humbleness of a young man who wants to play for manly

This guy could be huge

I remember chatting with him last year and he thanked us for being supporters and watching him play

he had just filled in for AFB and was driven by not wanting to let the team down

one of my favourites and guts in well with our culture

Albert Hopoate
With Turbo injured the obvious is Elliott but if Albert can impress in pre season training he could do what Elliott did for the team last year but with a bit more of that x factor

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4